In order for you to use this website, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
What information will you collect about me?
When you sign up to Pont Noir we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name and email address.
Sometimes a particular service will require you to provide additional personal information (e.g. submissions to the Directory ask you to specify a postal address, telephone or mobile number and other business details).
How will you use this information?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to contact you about service issues. (e.g. password reminders and site downtime information).
- to contact you about a submission you have made or any content you provide.
- to contact you where you have opted to receive further correspondence (e.g. a newsletter).
- IP addresses and browser user agent strings are used to help spam detection and also to block disruptive use.
- IP addresses are also used to identify the location of users and the number of visits from different countries.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content or engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law, or you choose to share it openly on the website yourself.
How long will you keep my Personal Information?
We will keep your personal information only whilst it is needed to provide the service for which it was provided.
You can view the personal information that we hold about you on your profile pages in the User Control Panel where you can also update it or delete your account.
If you delete your account, your personal information is deleted automatically unless you shared it publicly in the content of your submissions (e.g. in a forum post or in the Directory).
If you have a query about your personal information you can contact the site administrator by the using the contact form.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
What Cookies do you use?
Pont Noir uses three cookies when you use the forums.
These are used for both registered and guest users and are persistent so they will not be deleted when you close your browser. They are essential to the working of the forums and so there is no option to opt out.
They do not contain personal information of any kind and are not used to track you or analyse what you do in any way. They are used to remember your login and to make your session unique.
Pont Noir does not have any third party cookies.
If you do not agree to Pont Noir using cookies in this way, please do not use the forums.