Another Delay
by Dave • Mon 28 Oct 2019 18:49

Wow, it's looks like the UK might still be in the EU in 2020 having been granted another extension until the end of January. I guess it's still all pretty grim longer term but with No Deal off the table and another extension in the bag that's not a bad Christmas present anyway. :)

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Another Delay
by Creusebear • Tue 29 Oct 2019 17:39

It is all such a mess, and such a waste of money on 'Are you ready for Brexit?' adverts etc.

Creusebear
May 2007
by Dave • Wed 30 Oct 2019 19:35

There is now another chance to vote away Brexit, all be it a super slim one, by voting for a party that has said they will stop the whole process and stay in the EU if they win. Honestly I think that it's unlikely these parties will win, even in coalition and they might not even stop it all if they do win. Still it's something that might be positive.

So who do you vote for? The Tories and the Brexit party are out, because they have clearly said that they will take us out. I think the SNP and the Lib Dems will keep us in, fully so they say. And as for Labour and the others, I can't actually work out what they'd do.

Do you have any idea?

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Ricardo • Wed 30 Oct 2019 21:36

I wouldn't be surprised that at the end of all this we will be left with a 'hung' parliament. Brexit part 2!

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by sevy1 • Fri 01 Nov 2019 17:37

The whole Brexit process has been real roller coaster. It is has always been my plan to move and retire to France in 2021. Just after the proposed transition period. I have watched every twist and turn of the Brexit saga to the point that I have "Brexit Anxiety" that is now listed a real condition!!. I am now planning to do as the Americans, Australians etc do to reside in France and apply for a long stay visa and then apply to stay permanently. Who knows if Labour get in there is a chance of a second referendum so some hope there.
Only time will tell. Anyone else in a similar position? :(

sevy1
Sep 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions