Rugby World Cup 2019
by Dave • Fri 18 Oct 2019 15:24

Is anyone following the Rugby World cup this year? Who are you supporting?

Both England and France are in the quarter finals and if they both win that and their semi finals they could face off in the Final.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
by Dave • Sun 20 Oct 2019 12:44

England are though to the semi finals.

Sadly Wales have knocked out France in their quarter final but at least I won't have the stress of who to cheer for in an England - France match.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by charlie • Mon 21 Oct 2019 15:56

It is quite exhausting "playing" all those matches. Even my wife has joined me to watch most games. Even the one-sided matches have been worth watching.
I think the correct semi-final teams have emerged. France just threw it away with their usual lack of sportsmanship, even if it was by only one player. Their running game was a delight.
I was impressed by SA but the All Blacks can beat anyone if they get past England.

charlie
Dec 2004
by Dave • Tue 22 Oct 2019 19:16

I think the correct semi-final teams have emerged. France just threw it away with their usual lack of sportsmanship, even if it was by only one player.
charlie
I don't know, I think that Wales were a bit lucky and that France really should have won.

It'd be nice if it was and England - Wales final but I expect it'll be NZ -SA with NZ winning out. There should be four very good matches anyway.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by charlie • Sat 26 Oct 2019 18:38

So it is England in the final. I am not sure who they prefer to meet next Saturday. Wales and SA are always a threat.
The media are annoying me by constantly saying this is England's first final since 2007 or twelve years. I don't think they know there have only been two finals during that time. England will now have been in three of the last five finals! Not a bad record and pretty regular finalists.

charlie
Dec 2004
by Dave • Sun 27 Oct 2019 18:08

Yes and Wales are out so Eng vs RSA. Too many kicks in the last game and it's a shame for Wales to go out. Should be a good final.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions