2 Great places to eat we've tried this Easter trip
by Suzanne • Fri 19 Apr 2019 15:09

Hi to all,

Despite the dark clouds of Brexit we've been enjoying a wonderful 2 week Easter break in La Creuse and 'found' 2 lovely restaurants I thoroughly recommend. The first we tried on a Saturday evening - it's called 'Restaurant Influence', at La Chapelle-Taillefert, a tiny town just south of Gueret. Very modern monochrome decor, service was efficient and food excellent. They've got a good range of set menus (24 to 42 euros) plus a menu de jour available lunchtimes and pride themselves on using local produce. opens 7:30 in the evenings, 0555 81 98 32. www.restaurant-influence.com

The other has recently re-opened under new management and a new name just North of Gueret on the road to La Chatre. It's right on the main road, heading North from Gueret it's the first restaurant on the right hand side as you go through the first hameau. The restaurant is called 'La Macarena'. Lovely friendly welcome, delicious lunch set menu was 13,50 euros I think. They only re-opened 3 months ago, lime and lemon decor was lovely and cheerful. One of the managers is French and also speaks Spanish, another one "speaks French with a Yorkshire accent" and has been living here in France for 20 years. If you're into karaoke, cocktails or both, they do both (karaoke night is Fridays), I wasn't brave enough to try any of the cocktails as it was lunchtime. Currently open lunchtimes, plus Friday and Saturday evenings and they have special menus (book in advance) coming up for Easter Sunday and the next 2 fete days. 05 87 56 13 96.

Brexit permitting we hope to go back to both of these restaurants in the near future.

Suzanne
Sep 2004
Re: 2 Great places to eat we've tried this Easter trip
by charlie • Sat 20 Apr 2019 19:39

Thanks for the information Suzanne. We visit the cinema in Gueret so may manage a dual trip to try the restaurant North of Gueret.
Alistair

charlie
Dec 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions