'Unwanted' books - any suggestions?
by anne • Thu 04 Apr 2019 10:07

Hello everyone. Having a massive clear out - prior to selling, sadly. Brexit, anno domini are just two factors.
What to do with all these 'unwanted' books? The English library in La Souterraine will (understandably) take only books published in last 5 years. What to do with the others? Landfill seems so final. As you can tell, I'm uncomfortable with the description 'unwanted'.

I don't want money for them, obviously. Just a loving shelf somewhere.

They're all in English and in good condition - any suggestions? We're near St Vaury, near Gueret.
Thanks
Anne

anne
Mar 2008
Re: 'Unwanted' books - any suggestions?
by virtdave • Thu 04 Apr 2019 21:16

You might ask at the médiathéque (either Aubusson or Felletin). There may be a similar service in or near Guéret. The Aubusson/Felletin one does have quite a few books in English

virtdave
Sep 2008
by LeDolly • Sat 06 Apr 2019 11:11

If some of the books are 'classics', the the regular library in La Souterraine will take them. The rest, put them in a bag, with the newest on top, then leave them, without comment, at the poorly named English Library in town. Let them deal with the disposal of the ones that they are too fussy to accept.

Le-Dolly
LeDolly
Jun 2017
by anne • Sat 06 Apr 2019 14:11

Thanks for your suggestion, Le-Dolly. A response to another suggestion on my post doesn’t seem to have gone up (my ineptitude). I did re-read the email where the said they’d sell on those that didn’t meet their criteria. I dropped them off just now, to a distinct lack of enthusiasm, despite the quality and desirability of the books. An English library (in England) would have bitten my hand off!

anne
Mar 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions