bats
by virtdave • Sun 27 May 2018 22:52

Several years ago, bats made regular visits at night into our bedroom, but for the past few years they've been quite rare, and always well into the summer. But tonite one showed up, and tho they're not really worrisome, I prefer them elsewhere than inside the house. I did manage to get it into one small room, opened the window/closed the door and turned off the light there--they seem to be attracted to light, so I'm planning on it leaving before morning. I actually like having them around (outside), since they're reportedly good insectivores....anyone else seen any about recently?

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: bats
by virtdave • Mon 28 May 2018 09:03

whoops--I wrote the above last night without noticing this issue had been raised a month or two ago.....in any case, it's reassuring that bats have made a bit of a comeback; they were in decline I think a while ago

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: bats
by sevy1 • Tue 29 May 2018 18:33

Hi Virtdave
We had the same problem a few years ago but since the roof has been replaced they are obviously homeless with no way back in, Hopefully! as it is a bit scary to have a bat flying around the bedroom in the middle of the night.
Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions