visas
by virtdave • Thu 03 May 2018 19:21

The French (or perhaps the EU) bureaucracy has finally decided to enforce the visa-needed-for-more-than-three-months rule. So we spent a bizarre day at the San Francisco French consulate, and after considerable weird paper-shuffling did get them. And a few days ago I got a link, thanks to my daughter's peculiar job which involves keeping up with the Albanian press, which suggests that the whole process is planned to become quick, cheap and painless. Forgive my deep scepticism; I'd be interested if anyone has any opinions about ETIAS. Even though the UK is not in the Schengen group, it appears this ETIAS visa won't be necessary (even if it is eventually available) for you Brits.
If there are no terrorist issues, mid-air catastrophes, or Air France strikes, we should be back in Creuse on May 8. Wish us luck.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: visas
by Dave • Fri 04 May 2018 08:56

Good luck with the trip - I hope it goes smoothly. I'd always assumed that you guys needed a visa or waiver for each trip. I'd like to think that even after the UK actually and definitely leaves the EU we won't need a visa, but I expect that the UK will want one for EU citizens for long stays and so 5 minutes after that the EU will want one too.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions