TPN
by Les Meuniers • Mon 09 Jan 2017 21:53

does anyone know anything about the above sender of a letter assuring us that we fulfill the conditions necessary for lower electricity bills and is it unreasonably British of me to view this offer with suspicion?

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
Re: TPN
by RobertArthur • Tue 10 Jan 2017 10:04

It is very reasonable to be suspicious with all those cold calls, helpdesks of Microsoft offering you help with your computer - let them talk for ten minutes and finally say that you are surprised because you're running Linux as an operating system and not Windows - and many others.

In this case it is something like a government tax deduction scheme for those at the lower end of the income ladder. So for a change nothing to worry about. More about the conditions to be met on this government website. By the way, the house should be your résidence principale.

Next steps: reading these conditions I took note of the following:

"Vous n'avez aucune démarche à faire pour en bénéficier. En effet, les organismes d'assurance maladie (Cnam, RSI, MSA...) ou l'administration fiscale sont tenus de transmettre aux fournisseurs d'électricité la liste des personnes répondant aux critères d'éligibilité.
Si vous remplissez ces critères, vous recevez de la part de votre fournisseur d’électricité une attestation confirmant votre droit au TPN
."

This leaves me with a question: if everything goes almost on autopilot, why this letter?

Another website has the answer: you've got 15 days to refuse this offer.......

" Le consommateur quant à lui, reçoit une attestation du fournisseur l'informant qu'il a accès au TPN. Il a alors 15 jours pour refuser ce tarif s'il le souhaite. Passé ce délai de 15 jours, la tarification spéciale est alors appliquée sans autre démarche."

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Re: TPN
by Les Meuniers • Wed 11 Jan 2017 11:50

thankyou very much but they do seem to be cold canvassing since I really don't think we fit the criteria. Did this lot get marked as private by me by accident or by some (kind) body else to protect our financial privacy? if so thanks but other people might need to know that they could get a very official looking document that they can safely ignore!

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions