Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Where in Creuse ... is this?
by Dave • Tue 16 Apr 2013 14:32
I take a lot of photographs in Creuse but occasionally I don't file them correctly and can not work out where they are when I find them again later. Can you help?

Here is the first one taken a couple of years ago in a little village in the North East of Creuse (where I think we went to an art show).
horse-and-cart-statue-small.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Where is the Creuse ... is this?
by Dave • Thu 18 Apr 2013 11:12
No ideas? OK how about this one. It's in a hamo near Boussac (to the south I think)
small-chapel-small.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by sscbristol • Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:57
Looks a bit like a village I think was called Blond in the Monts de Ambazac. Just compared it to a picture I took 10 years ago.... very similar minus the horse and mine was a slightly different angle so I can't be sure.

Edit.. not Blond, wrong place and I just looked on google earth... not the one. Can't for the life of me remember where it was.
Tony
sscbristol
Oct 2004
by Dave • Thu 18 Apr 2013 15:32
I'm not sure if the horse and cart is out all year round, a summer only attraction or just a one off. It's a pretty little village - if I remember correctly that is - when you visit a lot of places just once or twice they can blur a bit.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by francis • Fri 19 Apr 2013 11:31
The 1st photo (horse and cart) is in the village of Cheniers (23220).
I know this for sure as I live close by. I think the horse is up all year round but probably only gets decorated in the Summer?
It is on the small carpark opposite the Post Office and Village Store.

The 2nd photo - no idea???
francis
Nov 2007
by Dave • Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:39
That's great. I checked on Google maps and recognised the bar where we had an ice-cream and the hall where the art show was held. Thanks. :)
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Creusebear • Fri 19 Apr 2013 20:50
Ooh - I thought I recognised it but wasn't sure whether fake horses pulling haycarts was a standard village decoration!
This is a good idea for a thread Dave - I'm sure we've all got some suitable photos to post.
Creusebear
May 2007
by Dave • Sat 20 Apr 2013 11:10
Here another one from a village near Roche - a difficult one I think unless you recognize the church.
children-road-sign-small.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Where in the Creuse ... is this?
by Dave • Fri 10 Jan 2014 15:14
Can anyone help with these?
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Dave • Fri 04 Jul 2014 10:00
Here is an old one. Somewhere central I think, although it maybe towards Aubusson.
Rocky Road.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Jazzdog • Mon 19 Jan 2015 17:10
This looks very like the path going down to Rocher de Jupille near le Bourg D'Hem
although frankly it could be one of a million places in La Creuse! Great spot even worth the walk back up
Jazzdog
Oct 2014
by Dave • Tue 08 Dec 2015 12:51
Ah no it's not that road (I've also walked down there - and it is well worth it - it's a great spot even if you aren't into rock climbing), but it does look a bit like this. The road in question above, ends at the top of a climb in a small hamo but the other end, about 10 km away, is at a road - I drove up this track in a Landrover and it isn't all rocky and enclosed and is more open rather than a footpath.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Where in Creuse ... is this?
by Dave • Mon 06 Jan 2020 19:30
I've found the location of the second post - it is La chapelle de Champeix in Malleret-Boussac
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Where in Creuse ... is this?
by Dave • Mon 06 Jan 2020 20:05
I've also just discovered that the old school sign is, or rather was in Saint Fiel. It's since been replaced by a modern illuminated sign a bit further down but thankfully the church, the bus shelter and the drain cover all still exist. Even without the sign it's worth a visit as the church is pretty interesting, there are some great views and also the cafe is pretty nice.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions