New declaration form for french property
by howfeness • Sat 09 Mar 2013 12:18

Just received a declaration d'un local usage profession et/ou commercial and I don't know what I am supposed to do with it? I assume its to do with taxing second home
Owners. It is our second home as we live mostly in the UK. Help!

Live the dream for as long as it lasts!
howfeness
Apr 2006
Re: New declaration form for french property
by Annik • Sat 09 Mar 2013 20:34

I would have thought that if you don't have a professional or commercial use for your house you are in the clear. Many people work from home now and the government/mairie are probably trying to catch up with them. Old Hollande needs all the cash he can extract. However I am sure there are lots of people on Pontnoir, like Dave, who will know about it.

Our lovely lady maire made herself very unpopular last year when she shopped a retired guy in her hamlet with a very sophisticated woodworking workshop (his hobby in retirement) to the income tax people. They interestingly said that as he hadn't been a woodworker in his working life he couldn't be done for moonlighting as one now.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Re: New declaration form for french property
by Dave • Sat 09 Mar 2013 22:07

Actually I haven't seen this form but it certainly sounds like they are trying to see if you work from home and gather in extra tax if you do. It doesn't sound like anything for non-residents to worry about from the information that you have given.

I expect that you'll should fill it in and return it anyway but that it won't apply to you if you're just on holiday there from time to time - although as said I've not seen the form myself so it's difficult to be sure. If in doubt take it to your local Trésor Public and ask them to assist you. They have IME been very helpful.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions