We're new to this site and would just like to say hi,
are nearest village is Aigurande (23)
Hobbies, gardening and D.I.Y. AND OLD motor bikes,
and making new friends. and enjoying life. :D

danny
Jun 2007
Re: new member
by Creusebear • Thu 14 Jun 2007 19:27

I'm a recent addition to PN too but let me be the first to welcome you to the site. Are you permanant residents? We are near Aigurande but only there part time unfortunately. No interest in motor bikes I'm afraid but 'enjoying life' I CAN do!

Creusebear
May 2007
by CaroleandClive • Fri 15 Jun 2007 09:06

Hello there

We, similarly, are not far away in Bonnat. We often pop up to Aigurande Try to be over every six weeks or so, that is one or other of us. And, as most wish it were more often...

Welcome and all good wishes. We're part way through our renovation. Now pretty comfortable really and much more habitable. So DIY/decoration is the current theme. Clive's also a landscape gardener, for want of a better title, so has a great interest in all things horticultural, and is my mine of information... anything we can do to help let us know.

kindest in the meantime
Carole and Clive

CaroleandClive
Dec 2006
by danny • Fri 15 Jun 2007 12:48

I'm a recent addition to PN too but let me be the first to welcome you to the site. Are you permanant residents? We are near Aigurande but only there part time unfortunately. No interest in motor bikes I'm afraid but 'enjoying life' I CAN do!
Said Creusebear
Hi and thanks for your warm welcome,
we are permannat and loving every minute of it,
like most people we,ve a mine field of things to do, as we finish one thing we find a new one to do and we're learning all thie time.
you,ll have to let us know when your here next and maybe we can enjoy a coffee together and catch up on the chit chat of u.k.and france.

danny
Jun 2007
by rayh • Fri 15 Jun 2007 12:50

Hi All

we're currently buying our property in Chatelus-Malvaleix (just over from you, Carole & Clive). We'll be over in Creuse for the odd weekend, but not until October half term for a week.

Look forward to sharing with you all

Ray

rayh
May 2007
by danny • Fri 15 Jun 2007 13:00

Hello there

We, similarly, are not far away in Bonnat. We often pop up to Aigurande Try to be over every six weeks or so, that is one or other of us. And, as most wish it were more often...

Welcome and all good wishes. We're part way through our renovation. Now pretty comfortable really and much more habitable. So DIY/decoration is the current theme. Clive's also a landscape gardener, for want of a better title, so has a great interest in all things horticultural, and is my mine of information... anything we can do to help let us know.

ndest in the meantime
Carole and Clive
Said CaroleandClive
Hi carol and clive,
many thanks for the welcome,
like clive Ive an interest in the garden and this house has the largest garden we,ve ever had and as the previous owners never did anything for at least 15 years you can imagine the state it was in when we first got here,
But its coming along every day.

We do drive through bonnat on the way to the garden centre, so we may have passed your place.
if your in this area give us a shout and we'll have a coffee and chat about D.I.Y. and gardening.
Its funny really when in the u.k. most people dont even change a light bulb without thinking they,d done a major task, here we're talking megga building work as a every day thing,
thanks for your welcome
regards Danny and shaz.

danny
Jun 2007
by Landa • Fri 15 Jun 2007 18:50

Hello everyone,
we also live near Aigurande in a little place called
Lourdoueix St Pierre.It is about 1km from the border
with dept 36.

Landa
Feb 2005
by james419 • Sat 16 Jun 2007 06:11

LSP lovely spot use France Rurale there alot - helpful bunch

james419
Sep 2005
by Creusebear • Sat 16 Jun 2007 08:29

LSP also has a great place for lunch. Went there last time we were over and had a super meal. Took me a while to find it as it is not obviously advertised. Another thing, not related,LSP also has really clean public loos! While on the subject can anyone tell me anything about the stone cross markers on the road fom LSP to Aigurande? Are they field markers or church land boundries?

Creusebear
May 2007
by Creusebear • Sat 16 Jun 2007 08:30

LSP also has a great place for lunch. Went there last time we were over and had a super meal. Took me a while to find it as it is not obviously advertised. Another thing, not related,LSP also has really clean public loos! While on the subject can anyone tell me anything about the stone cross markers on the road fom LSP to Aigurande? Are they field markers or church land boundries?

Creusebear
May 2007
Loos...
by CaroleandClive • Thu 21 Jun 2007 12:07

Great to hear from you all. And Creusebear, have you been to Bonnat public loos.

Well, couldn't believe when I was caught short on way home from Bakers in March, a freezing cold day, and there not only was it quite spotless, but also little heater behind the door...

I have this interest in loos & laveries (you know the public washing areas in each village), for some unbeknown reason ooher.

kindest
Carole

CaroleandClive
Dec 2006
Re: Loos...
by Creusebear • Thu 21 Jun 2007 19:16

I have this interest in loos & laveries (you know the public washing areas in each village), for some unbeknown reason ooher.
Said CaroleandClive
Admiting you have a problem is the first step to recovery! :lol:

Creusebear
May 2007
by james419 • Thu 21 Jun 2007 20:10

This is getting wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

james419
Sep 2005
loos and kissing
by Landa • Thu 21 Jun 2007 21:13

I dont think alot of French men use public loos.
Any bush will do and our men are learning fast.
Also kissing.I have never been kissed by so many
British men before.Not that I mind anyway! Some
customs are quite enjoyable.

Landa
Feb 2005
by CaroleandClive • Tue 26 Jun 2007 16:22

I know loos and laveries, well you can tell my background is social history based, sticks out a bit... but as you say Creusebear, praps I need more counselling.

And I know what you mean Landa, I sometimes find English men not so hot on handshaking. Nothing worse than a limp handshake don't you think? So praps kissing is more levelling. I guess it all depends. Isn't it all so interesting...

tralala
kindest
Carole

CaroleandClive
Dec 2006
by james419 • Tue 26 Jun 2007 16:47

Carole

I was always a believer in a firm handshake until we moved over here - the French rarely seem to have a firm handshake -the exception I have found (those that are used to dealing with Brits through business)- I have therefore toned down my handshake as some people almost retreated the second time we met - the point was made by a french friend. so no can also be some what limp wristed!!!

james419
Sep 2005
Re: clean loos
by Leighngrae • Wed 27 Jun 2007 18:48

Don`t worry Carole you are not alone my daughter and myself are also experts on the loo situation. One of us always has to report back which ever bar or resturant we visit---definately a girl thing. I think loos have improved considerably in france---especially when you consider that some ancient locals in our area don`t have them in their homes.

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
by Leighngrae • Wed 27 Jun 2007 18:50

Oh dear this started out as a welcome to a new member. Hi Danny I hope you love your new home as much as we love ours.

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
by danny • Thu 28 Jun 2007 16:32

Hi I we do love our new home,
thanks for the welcome,

danny
Jun 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions