Bringing Paint from the UK
by Les Meuniers • Fri 03 Feb 2017 16:36

On what form of cross channel transport is it legal to carry paint from the UK?

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
Re: Bringing Paint from the UK
by Dave • Fri 03 Feb 2017 19:48

You can legally bring it (for personal use) in your car, by all the means that you can legally travel with your car, but it is not legal on any flight. I'm not sure if it is OK on Eurostar but I expect that you can have 5 litres of emulsion in your luggage but I've never thought to ask.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Les Meuniers • Sun 05 Feb 2017 12:50

unfortunately I do know that eurostar say no. I didn't ask, it's just in the flammables etc. small print. Also our removal men refused politely but firmly to carry any paint in their van which was going on a ferry. (Modern uk emulsions also have a spirit based stuff in them.) if anyone knows for a fact that somebody ferries is ok with it we would be happy to hear, also v. happy to hear of a good and cheap painter decorator local-ish to us.Thanks.

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
by rictel • Mon 06 Feb 2017 12:32

Both ourselves & our friends have brought paint over in the car via Ferry & Eurotunnel without any problems, as Dave said , not on a flight.

re decorator, the terms "good" & "cheap" don't usually go together if you're after a tradesman, normally one or the other. :D If you want a good decorator then i may be able suggest someone. Is it inside or outside work you want done ?

rictel
Dec 2007
by Ripley • Mon 06 Feb 2017 13:35

I also know of a Painter/Decorator, that I have used, although it is a 'she'. Lorraine used to run a small woman only decorators in the UK before coming to La Creuse, but as we're in 23400, may be a bit out of the way at 60kms.

Ripley
Nov 2016
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions