Registering a car
by edmoraz • Wed 01 Feb 2017 12:03

We went the prefecture in gueret to register our 2009 Vauxhall vectra, they wanted a certificate of conformity so off we went and ordered one in french and English 100€ later they now say they want one from a french main dealer they want 165€ for one, has anyone come across this before. I can't believe it, everyone I speak to said they sailed through once they had the certificate of conformity. It's been ct, new lights french insurance.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Re: Registering a car
by Dave • Wed 01 Feb 2017 16:46

When I imported a Landrover (a long time ago now) I got a certificate of conformity from their head office in the UK for nothing and it wasn't questioned. I have heard about French dealers charging a bundle for printing out a bit of paper but not that you had to get a certificate from them. Aren't all cars sold in the EU from 2009 automatically conforming to the standard anyway? I'd go back to them and ask why the one you already have is not good enough for an EU registered car. I've had to push back a bit in the past due to some strange local interruptions of regulations.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Registering a car
by edmoraz • Wed 01 Feb 2017 17:51

I did push, they said the certificate we had was not good as the type number on it was no good. Vauxhall head off ice uk who sold us it won't answer calls emails and now the french want 165€ for probably the exact same certificate

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions