Carpet
by Martin • Mon 23 Jan 2017 11:43

Hi, I know the bricos sells carpet of sorts, particularly the cheapish hessian/corded stuff we want but I can't find it on their websites(s) I understood the French for carpet is "tapis" but doesn't come up when the site is searched.....or at least not floor covering type. Any ideas?

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
Re: Carpet
by virtdave • Mon 23 Jan 2017 17:37

If you search here for 'tapis' and put your postal code in the 'où' slot, you can find who sells carpets near you.....Montluçon does have a huge Brico Depot, but they may have only carpeting squares.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by rictel • Tue 24 Jan 2017 11:02

You could try searching " revetement de sol " or "Moquette".

I've never seen rolls of carpet at Brico Depot, but Bricomarche in La Chatre have a large selection.

rictel
Dec 2007
by Les Meuniers • Tue 24 Jan 2017 17:20

good luck. Did you know that there is now an Ikea at clermont ferrand and will be one at orleans next year? I have also been told that the place called Alinea on the big shopping estate off the A20 at the (north) Limoges airport junction is a sort of imitation Ikea. Website available. Lots of nice rugs apparently available. Please let us know how you get on?

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
by Martin • Tue 24 Jan 2017 17:39

Thanks for the replies......fed up looking so change of plans, clean up the parquet instead.

Will take a look at the rugs etc at Alinea when get the chance.

Martin & Roberta
Martin
Jun 2009
by virtdave • Tue 24 Jan 2017 18:30

one last thought--we've ordered carpet from the Trois Suisses and it's been quite satisfactory, for what I think you are (or were) looking for. Delivery is reliable and (for over 49 euros' purchases, I think) free.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions