Smart or Forbidden Planet
by beetle • Tue 15 Nov 2016 15:29

Everything is smart these days. The buzz word is Smart. It is mandatory new appliances must be smart enabled. A world wide web of integrated smart networks is being spun and us fly’s buzzing around always busy do not see, but the spiders will not go hungry, although their hunger be never sated.

First the bee’s now us ……….

In the film ‘Forbidden Planet’ a supper intelligent race create a planet encompassing machine to provide all their needs. Instead it release’s unseen monsters from within their own psyche that destroy them.

Soon every home will have its own smart meter installed.
Every one of us is different, but we all have weaknesses. Will our unseen monster find yours?

Fact or fiction?

Perhaps this Doctor will enlighten https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiwPnZIEm8

If you never find what you seek, you never wanted it badly enough in the first place.
beetle
Dec 2007
Re: Smart or Forbidden Planet
by Dave • Wed 16 Nov 2016 13:04

I'm not sure much of that stuff in the video applies to French smart meters (it communicates in the same way as the current meters do if you use Heures Creuse for example).

Smart meters will be rolled out, they might be optional to start with but will become mandatory, billing will be more accurate, the utility company will save a lot of money, you probably won't save any money, you will have to pay for the installation of the new meter (mostly likely up front but maybe just in your bills). Whilst all that might annoy the heck out of you I doubt the meter itself will make you sick or turn you into a zombie slave to do the governments bidding.

If you think otherwise it's perfectly possible to live off-grid in La Creuse and the thick stone walls and remote forested locations will offer additional mind-control and bad energy protection, so take a deep breath of cool clean air and worry not about internet rants, pseudo-science and generic big-brother twaddle from unhappy nuts from far away.

Oh and forbidden planet is a great film, but your synopsis is not how I remember it. I remember the resulting monster being a manifestation of the intelligent guys brain - a side effect of the processes he used to improve himself and not some controlling machine that tried to take over the planet. He was more than a little potty and annoyed that his pretty daughter was choosing to hang around with the beefcake spaceship crew rather than do more clever science stuff and so his brain projected an invisible monster that ran amok in the crews camp.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by beetle • Thu 17 Nov 2016 10:22

Linky smart meters mandatory rollout/ installation in your area.
You will receive a letter 30-45 days prior to installation.
Click the link below and enter post code = approx date. http://www.enedis.fr/linky-bientot-chez-vous

Via Selectra what does the grid operator Enedis (ex ERDF) have to say about Linky. Read carefully.
Often it is not what is said, but what is omitted or hidden behind words like “probably”. http://en.selectra.info/energy-france/g ... ters-linky

If you never find what you seek, you never wanted it badly enough in the first place.
beetle
Dec 2007
by Dave • Thu 17 Nov 2016 15:19

The links are handy, thanks. It seems I'm currently down for a visit in the second half of 2019 so it's not something I'm worrying about right now.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions