Well, back to California for the election
by virtdave • Sun 23 Oct 2016 16:36

Tho we've already voted by mail, we just drained the plumbing and closed up our place in Creuse and are en route to return to San Francisco.....although Clinton is clearly sane and Trump a lunatic, I'm cautious about how her (almost certain) presidency will play out. Although she's not in any way a criminal (sorry, Jeanne), she may be prone to the same sort of misguided optimism which has involved the USA in a number of awful interventions....this article sums it up pretty well.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: Well, back to California for the election
by Creusebear • Sun 23 Oct 2016 18:39

Safe journey and thanks for the link - interesting article. We will all be watching on the 8th.

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Well, back to California for the election
by Dave • Mon 24 Oct 2016 11:17

It's interesting in a lot of ways I think and I expect that whatever the result is a plan will have been made, unlike the Brexit fiasco where it seems that they hadn't drawn up a single item on the things to do if they vote to leave list.

It's worrying that moral values and the truth don't seem to apply any more. Telling barefaced lies and a history of dubious things caught on tape don't seem to have even dented either campaign.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions