Introduction and Hello
by EU Citizen • Wed 17 Aug 2016 19:29

Hello everyone.

Lovely forums and website. Thanks Paul for introducing us to the website.

Quick introduction ; Moved here in Sept 2014, east of Auzances and very close to the border of Puy de Dome.

We searched all over France to find potential places to live and kept coming back to Creuse because of the very pleasing landscapes and lovely people.

My other half is French ( which helps alot) I'm English but mum was German and I have always considered myself a citizen of Europe. I still remember the hassle of driving to Germany as a child and going through border control of France, Belgium and then Germany. Always found it amazing that we have the privilege of going to other countries without border issues. You can guess I'm 'slightly' upset with the result of the 38% who have potentially affected my future...

Always dreamt to live in the European countryside and now our dream has come true. We have even managed to 'add' a new European citizen to Creuse, our baby daughter Léonie :)

Ok, that's it from us.

Cheers

Martin & Gaétanne

EU Citizen
Aug 2016
Re: Introduction and Hello
by sevy1 • Wed 17 Aug 2016 19:46

Welcome to Pont Noir. I currently live in the UK but hope to retire to France in the next 5 years all being well with the Brexit negotiations. The Creuse is a lovely area to live in. Hope you are all very happy.
Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
by Freezerbill • Wed 17 Aug 2016 23:08

Welcome to the forum

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by EU Citizen • Thu 18 Aug 2016 13:01

Welcome to Pont Noir. I currently live in the UK but hope to retire to France in the next 5 years all being well with the Brexit negotiations. The Creuse is a lovely area to live in. Hope you are all very happy.
Sevy
Said sevy1
Hello Sevy.

We recommend living here based on our experience so far. For us to wake up every morning and been happy with the landscape we can see, is worth more than money can buy.

It's lovely to experience the seasons again. I was 'locked' up in a basement with my previous job so this for me is pure joy :)

I understand completely re Brexit. I'm hoping that it will be a 'watered' down version of our current membership. Also with the downwards pressure on £/€, it might be better to wait for the short-term.

Apart from that, I recommend you go for it as long as you have down your research in where you want to live (landscape /near or not near town/village) and also make sure financially you have covered your situ.

All the best,

Martin

EU Citizen
Aug 2016
by EU Citizen • Thu 18 Aug 2016 13:10

Welcome to the forum
Said Freezerbill
Thank you very much. Very happy to join the forum.

Cheers

Martin

EU Citizen
Aug 2016
by rictel • Thu 18 Aug 2016 14:27

Yes welcome indeed :D

rictel
Dec 2007
by EU Citizen • Thu 18 Aug 2016 16:55

Yes welcome indeed :D
Said rictel

Thank you very much, from a happy man who has had some cool weather today and some much needed rain :)

Martin

EU Citizen
Aug 2016
by Creusebear • Thu 18 Aug 2016 23:15

It is always nice to see new people join this forum, especially when they are also discovering one of the hidden gems of France. La Creuse can often be overlooked, but has so much to offer! I hope you will be very happy here.

Creusebear
May 2007
by EU Citizen • Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:40

It is always nice to see new people join this forum, especially when they are also discovering one of the hidden gems of France. La Creuse can often be overlooked, but has so much to offer! I hope you will be very happy here.
Said Creusebear
Thank you Creusebear. Much appreciated.

Totally agreed about Creuse been a hidden gem. We travelled all over France for 7 years to finally decided this was the the Dept for us. We been far south as the Pyrenees and North East to Alsace, to keep coming back and checking Creuse. Just love it here and all our friends who have visited, love it as well.

In someways I don't want to attract to much attention to this area as it's so lovely. Make me feel I want to keep it as a secret so it does not get overrun with peeps who don't appreciate it. Not sure if that makes sense? But then seeing how many houses are empty and could be reused is just a shame. So, in conclusion, I'm confused :)

Cheers

Martin

EU Citizen
Aug 2016
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions