Van hire - France - UK - France
by Les rats bleus • Tue 07 Jun 2016 16:05

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a van hire company that would allow me to hire a van to take to the UK and back? I have to pick up some stuff from our UK house sale and it would be good to avoid the four ferry crossings necessary to use a UK van hire company (especially at this time of the year). I have looked into these drive and drop deals but I've found nothing I want in my area(s).

Forgive me if the question has already been asked but I have scanned this forum for previously asked questions and I couldn't find anything on van hire in France (to take abroad).

Les rats bleus
Jan 2016
Re: Van hire - France - UK - France
by rictel • Tue 07 Jun 2016 17:13

Some friends of ours have done this a couple of times & hired through Intermarche supermarket in Bonnat . Worth asking at yout local Intermarche , assuming they do van rental of course. :)

rictel
Dec 2007
by Les rats bleus • Mon 13 Jun 2016 00:17

Many thanks for this. We of course knew that the supermarkets offered vans for hire but we had assumed that they wouldn't let them out of the departement, let alone the country. We're not sure yet about our local Intermarche but certainly our local Carrefour has them. Once again this forum comes to the rescue - thank you!

Les rats bleus
Jan 2016
by edmoraz • Thu 16 Jun 2016 11:36

We have been behind a carrafour van getting on the ferry so presume you can take them out the country however we made enquirees re hiring one for a day ant there was a mileage limit of 100 kilometres after which there is a .19 cents per kilometre charge so be careful. ;))

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions