Importing a 2CV
by Leighngrae • Wed 29 May 2013 20:04

Has anyone imported an older car.Would you need to get a certificate of conformity for a 2CV from the 80 s for example. If so where would you get it from. or does this age of car count as a classic car. Any advice appreciated. I don' t want to buy then find I can 't import it thanks Leigh

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
Re: Importing a 2CV
by Tim06 • Thu 30 May 2013 09:29

For a car of 30 years old, (or older), you can register it on a Carte Grise Collection. For this you can get an attestation de conformite from the Federation Francais de Vehicules d'Epoque (FFVE).

This costs only 50 Euros. Once registered on a CG Collection, a vehicle only needs a CT every 5 years.

Tim06
Jul 2009
by pogo • Thu 30 May 2013 18:28

Hi.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the carte gris de collection limit the car to drive in only local departments?? Heard something ages ago, but may have misunderstood.

Paul

pogo
Mar 2007
by Leighngrae • Thu 30 May 2013 19:22

Thank you.Do you know what the situation would be if a car was a1989 car.....pre certificate de conformity but. Not thirty years old? Leigh

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
by Leighngrae • Thu 30 May 2013 21:13

Shall I make life simpler and buy in France?

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
by lestroisours • Thu 30 May 2013 22:33

There is no longer any departmental restriction on Voiture de Collection. They may be driven anywhere.

Get your attestation de voiture de collection before your CT. I did it the other way round so I have only 2 years, then it will be 5 years thereafter.

Check your 2CV's V5 - If it has an European number (E/XXXXX ect) then it needs no Certificate de type française, otherwise you will have to obtain one from Citroen. It may be cheaper to source this in the UK.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Leighngrae • Thu 30 May 2013 23:31

Thank you , I haven't bought a car yet but just want to get my facts straight.
If its over 30 years old I can get an attestation de conformity.

Or if its not thirty years old I need a certificate de type franchise (unless it has a European number) which I can get from Citroen.

Thank you so much.....if I've the info wrong.....can you tell me!!!!!!!

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
by beetle • Wed 05 Jun 2013 19:28

If you have not bought a 2CV yet, perhaps this website is worth a visit.

Should you require any information on the good and bad points of the 2CV, I can go on and on and on.
A truly great car.

If you never find what you seek, you never wanted it badly enough in the first place.
beetle
Dec 2007
by Leighngrae • Sun 09 Jun 2013 14:25

Thanks beetle for the link. Still thinking. In france at moment seeing loads 2cv around and about......still keen !!!

Leighngrae
Apr 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions