Re: New Law 01.07.2012 - Breathalyser
by Creusebear • Thu 11 Oct 2012 22:53

So what makes a state retrograde? Not meaning to appear truculent, just interested.

Creusebear
May 2007
by virtdave • Fri 12 Oct 2012 02:37

Well, one instance: I lived in Florida for a while when younger. At that time there were still anti-miscegenation laws there, and a deeply seated racism is still pervasive in all of the states which seceded from the Union in our Civil War in the mid-19th century. Many voters in these states will vote against Obama in the coming election because of his Negro ancestry.

If you want a depressing overview of some of the stars of the USA "Christian Taliban", you can take a look at this site. Of course, not all of them are in the fly-over states, but most are, and several hold or have held powerful political office.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Annik • Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:00

The latter site is probably one of the most frightening and depressing things I've read in years. Why does the USA produce people with views like that?

No one's perfect in Europe but I don't think you could assemble those sorts of quotes from so-called influential people over here.

Do you know who compiled the list?

Have a safe journey home,

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by grandad • Fri 12 Oct 2012 16:17

Breathalysers, and how hot does it get in your car ?

I managed to get a box, and on the side it says that it needs to be kept under 40 degrees.

Well well?

grandad
Apr 2008
by lestroisours • Fri 12 Oct 2012 17:06

That's another failure of the system. The law makers do not consider the constraints of manufacture. It can easily reach 50C inside a vehicle, that why we never leave children and dogs inside. Just as well you only have to produce them and not necessarily use them, the alcotests I mean!

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
Re: New Breathalyser Law
by lestroisours • Fri 15 Feb 2013 17:01

Maneul Valls, the Minister of the Interior in France has announced today, the removal of the obligation to carry a breath test device in your cars, where it is not fitted as a requirment, such as in buses and school transport. An anouncement will follow in the national official bulletin.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Annik • Fri 15 Feb 2013 17:58

Another complete shambles then?

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Dave • Sat 16 Feb 2013 10:06

I never did get around to buying any. It was a silly idea to expect drunks to breathalyse themselves before driving home and I glad it is shelved. Sometimes you wonder if any politician has every been out of Paris to see how people live in the rest of France.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by grandad • Sun 17 Feb 2013 09:07

Not so different from the UK really... Politicians building themselves a grandstand on which to stand and shout, to make an impression, or make believe they are actually doing something useful. Then a little opposition, and the politician turns around , changes his/her mind, and shouts about something else. Result ? Nothing, only noise.

grandad
Apr 2008
by lestroisours • Sun 17 Feb 2013 12:54

That's not all apparently.They are going to put back all the signs for the radar sites as well. I wonder if they will allow radar in the sat navs eventually too!

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by grandad • Sun 17 Feb 2013 13:19

Joy, oh joy !!
No doubt that is why my income tax will be a little higher AGAIN this year ?

grandad
Apr 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions