Intermarche Loyalty Card
by Creusebear • Sat 07 Jan 2012 17:33

I 'loyally' present it everytime we are in the Creuse and about once a year remember to ask for the points to be taken off. It always seems like the times I don't benefit always outweigh the times I do. But last week I finally triumphed! We were over for a few days and by luck I happened to see a small notice by the till saying that all points would be deleted on March 1st if not redeemed. Since we won't be back till Easter I would have lost all my points. A small victory I know but I'm feeling smug. :egypt:

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Intermarche Loyalty Card
by Lynn • Sun 08 Jan 2012 21:16

A similar thing happens at Auchan but their cutoff date is 31st December. I tried to redeem mine before that date but they said I had a PIN number and I didn't remember it at all, so that was the end of that. I had no time to sort it out then!

Lynn
Apr 2008
by CaroleandClive • Mon 09 Jan 2012 15:40

I use my card regularly and it is great that points actually mean cash. I got 19Euros deduction last time. If you remember to ask how much is on it each time before you leave, you'll be surprised.
kind regards
Carole

CaroleandClive
Dec 2006
by redburmese • Thu 12 Jan 2012 22:09

Should come up on your reciept 'and the last time i collected my euros i had to present everything but the kitchen sink in id 'although i have had an intermarche card for 5 years :tumbleweed:

redburmese
Aug 2008
by Creusebear • Sun 15 Jan 2012 14:38

Yes, that got me too! I had just paid for a 'chariot' full of Intermarche produce with a credit card with no hassle and then was asked to 'prove' my identity to redeem my loyalty points!

I did start to suggest to the cashier that my CC being approved was surely proof enough of who I was, added to the rarity of my surname in rural Creuse. But one look at her face reminded me of the folly of my actions and I meekly handed over my passport. Some discussions are just doomed before they begin!

Creusebear
May 2007
by virtdave • Sun 15 Jan 2012 18:45

N'oubliez jamais que le mot 'bureaucracy' est d'origine française.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Creusebear • Mon 16 Jan 2012 20:12

Mais pas le mot 'entrepreneur' selon un des myths populaires sur les dictons de l'ancien President 'Dubya' Bush. :evilgrin:

Creusebear
May 2007
by dikdok • Mon 13 Feb 2012 00:36

Bugger. Won't be back till 2nd week in March. Been religiously handing my card over for 2 years without getting anything back. Buggeration. :censor:

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the great ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
dikdok
Jun 2005
by virtdave • Mon 13 Feb 2012 03:12

Dunno what these 'loyalty' cards (cartes de fidelité) are like in the UK, but in the US, as in France, they seem to be constructed for maximum hassle. It's hard to believe that the net customer satisfaction is positive for any of them. Were there ever Green Stamps in the UK? They were the precursors of loyalty cards, given out with grocery, or other, purchases. I remember pasting sheets of them in little books, and when one had accumulated a vast pile of such books, they could be exchanged for toasters or such.

Since we fly yearly from North America to Europe, we have similar issues with Frequent Flyer miles. Exchanging such mileage for actual flights requires enormous patience and flexibility--friends of our did manage to get, finally, a trip from San Francisco to Paris using them, and had to fly via Houston, Cleveland and Amsterdam, and spent 30 hours in planes and airports. Yikes.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by ihusker • Wed 15 Feb 2012 00:29

In reply to virtdave, yes we had greenshield stamps.
Can't remember when they finished but they were around in the 60s. One of the more useful cards in the UK at the moment is the Tesco card which gives points on groceries and also on fuel which I don't think the French ones do. The points can be exchanged for vouchers for various items including Eurotunnel crossings and are worth three times the face value.

I have just booked my next crossing on the Eurotunnel and £35 worth of vouchers and £6 on the visa card paid for the return crossing. I'm chuffed as a budgie :-D

ihusker
Feb 2006
by Lynn • Wed 15 Feb 2012 10:48

I collect my Tesco points for the Chunnel too, brilliant value.
Our last trip cost us the princely sum of £1 plus my vouchers, fantastic, as it feels like free money!

Lynn
Apr 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions