Yikes!
by virtdave • Wed 02 Mar 2011 17:32

I get an e-mail feed from France3.fr, and this was on it today. Le Mouneix is a few km from our place. The airforce cowboys who amuse themselves by buzzing the treetops by our house will now likely be restrained....too bad, I found their antics exciting.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: Yikes!
by Sevy • Wed 02 Mar 2011 17:56

Thanks for the link virtdave. I also live close to the crash site. I often see and hear the fighter jets I think they use the Creuse as a training area, maybe not so much now!!. Did the plane crash into houses or into a field?
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
by virtdave • Wed 02 Mar 2011 18:04

I'm currently about 10,000 km. away, so don't know any details not in the link.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Annik • Wed 02 Mar 2011 20:22

Oh dear - that's sad. I read the link quickly but didn't notice if the pilot was OK. We get the Mirages over us in pairs quite often and when they break the sound barrier the local cattle get really agitated. The first time it happened I thought our roof had fallen in.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Jeanne • Thu 03 Mar 2011 12:49

Pilot and co-pilot were killed and as usual the French in their most descriptive way put that they had found fragments of body parts.

If you check out www.rmc.fr there is a short article there.

Sad as they were just 30 and the flying conditions were bad.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by redburmese • Thu 03 Mar 2011 14:38

Not suprised it was only a matter of time'they fly over us so low you can wave to the pilot 'and this is not a joke 'the animals here 'farm and domestic go mad when they come over solow 8O

redburmese
Aug 2008
by lestroisours • Thu 03 Mar 2011 16:46

I see the rest of the Armée de l'Aire flew over today as a mark of respect, but at much higher altitude, just as well as the sun was out they could see where they were going. Several sorties of Mirages passed over heading for Croq direction.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions