Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

books
by howfeness • Sat 12 Jul 2008 19:51
We have a number of English books that we have brought over to our house in France. We cant keep them all as we are getting over run. I hear there is a library in the area for English books. Does anyone have a contact or does anyone want them? There are a variety available from easy reading to recipe books.
We will be over at the end of July and are in the La Souterraine area.
howfeness
Apr 2006
Re: books
by Lynn • Tue 29 Jul 2008 00:09
THere is a book exchange run in Aubusson each month, but there is a charge just to borrow the books, but I think there is also someone on here who sells/gives away books from time to time too, but I can't remember who, although I think they live somewhere near Ahun.
Otherwise, maybe we could do a swap?
Lynn
Lynn
Apr 2008
by francis • Tue 29 Jul 2008 09:51
I have heard from other Brits that there is an English library in Dun Le Palastel.
I am sure other Pont Noir members will know more about it?

Regards
Francis
francis
Nov 2007
by sscbristol • Tue 29 Jul 2008 11:48
Two members run regular book swaps which are very popular. Amanda & Clint and Goose. I think the last were in February and April respectively so perhaps they will chip in with indications of when the next ones may be.
sscbristol
Oct 2004
by Zebedee • Tue 29 Jul 2008 12:52
We also spotted our Doctor's surgery had a basket for books. Patients can borrow or swap books. Just another thought for surgeries in your area?
Zebedee
Jul 2008
by Goose • Wed 30 Jul 2008 13:28
We organise fairly regular book-swaps, the last one was in April. We probably won't do another until September-ish, though we are beginning to look at those that we have left (having read the booksd that we fancy the most first!) and wondering how long they'll last us.

In our cottage bookshelf we have over 140 books that go into the swap-pool and we have easily that same number in our main house that either one or the other of us has read but can't go into the swap yet as we haven't both read them. We're quite organised.

If you don't find anywhere else where you'd prefer to take them we'd be happy to give them a home and they'd go into the swap area once we'd taken a look at them.

We have quite a few regular readers come to our swaps and sometimes visiting friends hand over books that they've read or just come and borrow some from us.

Send me a PM if you'd like to pass them on to us and we'll arrange how to pick them up - or you could pop them in and meet us - whichever you'd prefer.

Regards,

Goose
Goose
Mar 2005
by amandaandclint • Wed 30 Jul 2008 14:55
Hi Howfeness

Just a quick note to say that we have nothing in the pipeline just yet with regards to our next book swap. Our work is keeping us a little busy at the mo :D

If you dont want to keep your books for swapping and you would rather give them away it might be worth having a look around to see if there are any charities in the area that could benefit.

For example, I know that 'Purplecat' on this forum has something to do with booksales where the money all goes to charity.

Or I think there is an english Library that would gratefully accept any donations.... although Im not sure of any further details.

Just though it was worth mentioning.

If you do decide to wait until the next bookswap, then we look forward to seeing you. :D

Clint
amandaandclint
Feb 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions