Car Hire
by sally watkins • Mon 08 Oct 2018 21:11

Hi there,

I'm coming over in November on a very short visit with a friend and so instead of driving we're coming by plane to Limoges airport. Does anyone have any recommendations for car hire? I've trawled the compare sites and the prices aren't bad but the collision damage waiver isn't great, excess of €1,000. I can't work out if taking the insurance cover most of them offer, with AXA, reduces the CDW though. It's an additional €10 a day.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks,

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
Re: Car Hire
by rictel • Wed 10 Oct 2018 09:43

Hi Sally,

I've never hired a car from Limoges airport myself but have heard people recommend Buggs Car Hire. I've looked at their site & it explains about the CDW in the FAQ section. Looks like a std excess , depending on size of car from € 1000, € 10 per day to reduce that by 75%, or € 18 per day to reduce by 100%. Tyres & glass aren't covered unless you pay additional €5 per day for that, so it does add up.

www.buggscarhire.com/faqs

rictel
Dec 2007
Re: Car Hire
by critch • Wed 14 Nov 2018 18:47

I've always found Europcar the cheapest. Just don't go for Ryanair's "recommended partner" - the queues are horrendous unless you are first off the plane/have sharp elbows.

critch
Mar 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions