Who owns the land
by Sevy • Tue 24 May 2011 18:11

When I bought my house in 2004 the owner mentioned a wooded area beyond the garden, however we could never work out where this land was and forgot about it. Recently I have been looking through the sale details and discovered on a document supplied by the vendor another parcel number. Does anyone know how I can find out who owns the parcel of land? Is it me or is it still the previous owner as it is not mentioned in the final sale agreement, I think this may have been an oversight by the notaire :?
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
Re: Who owns the land
by Annik • Tue 24 May 2011 18:25

Go to the Mairie and ask to consult the cadastral map. This will give you the whereabouts of the numbered parcel. The maire should know who it belongs to because the commune will be taxing its owner!

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by smilespwp • Wed 25 May 2011 07:54

Before we purchased our house, our estate agent defined on a copy of the Cadastral plan exactly which numbered plots were part of the purchase. In all documentation we received, reference to plot numbers and their areas were defined. When we finally signed for the property, the Notaire went through the details of the house and the additional plots confirming on the plan that that was what we were buying.

I would have thought that this information should have been supplied to you on purchasing.

I could be wrong !! Annik's Mairie suggestion is the best way to go for confirmation.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
by Sevy • Thu 26 May 2011 17:45

Thanks for the feedback. I will go to the Mairie and ask who the parcel belongs to. It is only a small piece of land, totaly overgrown and full of boulders. It would be interesting to find out who it belongs to. It may even belong to the lady who sold us the house and she may be unaware that she still has it. She may even have died. I will investigate and report back.
Thanks again
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions