Water Bill
by Les Meuniers Mon 28 Nov 2016 23:17

first water bill, the cost is ok but why are we paying an environmental pollution levy? WE HAVE A FOSSE!!!! This is a common FAQ on the only site that I could find to tell me, which seemed to be saying that we all live here so we must all share the problems, new law. Anybody out there tried to argue this? or do we just go, very French.

Les Meuniers
Apr 2016
Re: Water Bill
by Dave Tue 29 Nov 2016 09:51

Just think of it as taxes under a different name. Adding a bunch of tiny deductions to your bill for lots of different things seems very common in France, but the reality is that they all amount to tax under different names, although perhaps some of them are ring-fenced for a particular thing.

If you're happy with the cost of your bill, I'd say just pay it and move on.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by RobertArthur Tue 29 Nov 2016 10:36

Even the French have many questions about their water bills. Regional differences in price, taxes and water quality. The "Institut National de la Consommation" tried to answer them. As long as the cubic meters readings are OK, I don't even try to understand this complicated Christmas tree with all it's decorations. National law has some safeguards for the consumer, see this information about excessive bills caused by leakage problems.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by noxando Sat 16 Sep 2017 15:55

I am querying my bill. During the winter, whilst we in the UK, the Boards stop tap failed and the amount of water that flowed has been invoiced at over 2000€!!
They are denying all responsibility as we turned their tap off before we left. According to the rules and regulations it should not be touched under any circumstances.
As a general question, does the previous answer about excessive charges apply?

noxando
Feb 2008
by RobertArthur Sat 16 Sep 2017 18:13

As far as I know there is new legislation in force as from the first of July 2013. In case of a substantial leak "la facture est plafonnée". They are allowed to invoice you for the double of your average yearly consommation.Read this article in Le Figaro:

https://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/n ... 16646.php4

And this is the official décret of the French government:

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTe ... rieLien=id

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions