Tax habitation form
by sally watkins Tue 22 Aug 2017 19:57

Hi,

We've just been sent x3 tax habitation forms to complete as the new owners of our house and I wonder if anyone can answer a few questions for me.

I've translated the questions on the form, but can you tell me:

1. The form is in triplicate, each one for a different section of the land that we own - do we fill out the same information on each form?

2. There are boxes to complete for number of doors, floors and staircases. Does the 'doors' box refer to front doors, or all doors ( ie rooms)?

Thanks,

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
Re: Tax habitation form
by RobertArthur Wed 23 Aug 2017 09:32

I took note of many French questions about the same issue, so you're not the only one who is trying to get a masters degree in fiscal rocket science. I wished I could give you a simple answer in English, but it's only links I can offer you. In leFigaro this summary and this from Mr. Taxman .

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by virtdave Wed 23 Aug 2017 10:28

Your best bet might be to take the forms to the nearest Trésor Publique office and ask for help in person. I found the folks at the one in Aubusson (next to the new swimming pool there) to be quite helpful.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by sevy1 Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:50

Hi Sally
I would take advice as we completed our form accurately including measurements, number of doors and windows, new electrics, septic tank, pointing, new roof and the bill doubled in 1 year. I think the previous elderly French owner had not provided updates since the house was just habitable.
Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
by sally watkins Sun 03 Sep 2017 21:27

Thanks everyone. We're in the UK at the mo but the estate agent who sold us the house is happy to help. And thanks for the warning too re tax increase. My worry is that the previous owner has done a lot of additional work and it's not been picked up yet.

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions