Car registration
by pourchevaux • Sun 22 Mar 2015 12:34

Sorry but here's another question (feeling in a sunday 'admin' mood!!).

I recently bought a secondhand car in the uk. I've been through the re-registration process before at the prefecture in Gueret and it all went very smoothly, mainly because I'd owned the car from new and had all the relevant paperwork.

However my latest purchase is a much older secondhand car and therefore I didn't pay any VAT.

How can I therefore obtain the Quitus Fiscal from Aubusson? Will my sales receipt be accepted despite showing no tax paid? The car is nearly 10 years old.

pourchevaux
Jul 2009
Re: Car registration
by virtdave • Mon 23 Mar 2015 00:54

The sous-prefecture in Aubusson is regarded by our French friends (and by me) as intentionally grumpy and obstructionist, probably to discourage people from bothering their office at all. I've found it worth it to drive to Gueret, where they're much friendlier and helpful. I'd ask there.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by David_J • Mon 23 Mar 2015 10:28

At ten years old there is no tax to pay but definitely still better to go to Gueret.

David_J
Aug 2006
by Annik • Tue 24 Mar 2015 00:14

Don't go anywhere near Aubusson. The people in Gueret are really helpful but Aubusson has a terrible reputation.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions