tax habatation
by edmoraz • Wed 11 Dec 2013 18:29

Our tax hab and fonc have both doubled + this year, I have had four cheap double glazed off the shelf
windows put in and a single glazed front door. The house is not fully double glazed, I cant believe the
price increase . My question is , can I appeal and how do I do it.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Re: tax habatation
by kowalczy • Wed 11 Dec 2013 19:53

Did you fill in a form H1? Windows and doors do not normally affect the TdH & TdF. If you filed a H1, you possibly accounted for all the extensions, rooms and water points ( WC's, SdB's) that were undeclared by the previous owner. Failing that, TdH & TdF are all being reassessed, your commune has possible been through this process. Go to the Mairie and ask why.

kowalczy
Feb 2013
by edmoraz • Fri 13 Dec 2013 08:20

I am back in the UK now, I will write to him, they have gone up 130%. Seems a bit steep to me. Thanks for the help.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by sevy1 • Fri 13 Dec 2013 18:31

Hi Edmoraz
I have had the same increase in my Fonciere and Habitation. I have been told that because I have work done (septic tank, replacement windows and new electrics) that I am back on the Radar and they have increased all the taxes in line with current values. You may notice that the rentable value has increased by the same percent and this is the base value for calculating the tax.
The house was owned by an elderly French couple before and they probably declared no changes to property in the 70 years they owned it. I did complete an assessment form sent by the tax office.
I am happy to pay my way but I feel a bit stupid for being so up front. Although this is probably what most etrangers would do.
:cry: Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
by edmoraz • Fri 13 Dec 2013 23:48

I know exactly what your saying, I bet the french in my village are paying nothing like what they have charged me. Are you appealing 130% increase for 4 windows. Madness.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by Creusebear • Sat 14 Dec 2013 20:10

I'm in exactly the same boat and am dreading to find out out how much we are going to be charged this year. Doesn't inspire honesty does it?

Creusebear
May 2007
by kimosabi • Sun 15 Dec 2013 13:25

The best thing to do is tell them nothing.

kimosabi
Jul 2010
by edmoraz • Tue 17 Dec 2013 09:01

I wont be telling them anything else.......

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by sevy1 • Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:50

Hi Edmoraz
I wouldn't know where to start with an appeal. I presume a visit to the Hotel de Ville in Aubusson for us. I do not have good enough French to question my taxes.
Sevy :-?

sevy1
Sep 2013
by edmoraz • Tue 17 Dec 2013 18:45

Neither do I , im going to start with an email to the mairie.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by smilespwp • Sat 21 Dec 2013 10:48

Ditto regarding having new windows fitted, no discount on the TVA because it is a maison secondaire. Just been instructed to fill in the H1 form, local Mairie said don't bother and wrote a note which I returned to Gueret. Received another H1 form and told to fill it in and return.

I would like to know what services I am getting from the authorities. I already feel I am paying the water bill for the whole street.

Those in the same boat have my sympathy.

Maybe once my ten years ownership is up, might be a time to end the dream and sell up. With what we have spent, we could have taken some really good holidays in France and beyond, and still have had a nice pot of money to maybe spend on "Homes Under The Hammer"!

Oh to be a benefits claimant.

Best regards

Brian
smilespwp
Apr 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions