Continuing Health Care
by fairport • Tue 01 Oct 2013 18:10

My wife and I relocated permanently to La Creuse 18 months ago. My wife received an S1 from the UK because of her NI contributions and so has received health care in France paid for by the UK government. As her dependent, I have also received medical treatment in France. We also pay for a mutual top-up insurance.
The S1 runs out at the beginning of January and there is then a gap until the beginning of March when my wife receives her UK state pension. Because of the pension, we will then again be entitled to medical treatment.
The three questions I have are:
Do we have to pay French NI contributions in the period between S1 finishing and pension starting to cover the shortfall?

Because the S1 will cease, do we have to start the application process all over again and take marriage, birth certificates into Gueret as evidence of our entitlement?

Can we carry on using our Carte Vitale in the change over that period?

If anyone has had a similar experience or can answer any of my questions, I would be pleased to hear from you.

fairport
Jun 2009
Re: Continuing Health Care
by kowalczy • Tue 01 Oct 2013 20:44

My wife and I relocated permanently to La Creuse 18 months ago. My wife received an S1 from the UK because of her NI contributions and so has received health care in France paid for by the UK government. As her dependent, I have also received medical treatment in France. We also pay for a mutual top-up insurance.
The S1 runs out at the beginning of January and there is then a gap until the beginning of March when my wife receives her UK state pension. Because of the pension, we will then again be entitled to medical treatment.
The three questions I have are:
Do we have to pay French NI contributions in the period between S1 finishing and pension starting to cover the shortfall? NO.

Because the S1 will cease, do we have to start the application process all over again and take marriage, birth certificates into Gueret as evidence of our entitlement? More than likely.

Can we carry on using our Carte Vitale in the change over that period? Your card is likely to die with your S1

If anyone has had a similar experience or can answer any of my questions, I would be pleased to hear from you.
fairport

I have been in a similar situation when my workers S1 expired before it's renewal was active, what I did was ask for the fuille de soin from the chemist, kino, doctor etc. and present them when the new Attestation de Droit arrives from CPAM or whoever is your caisse.

kowalczy
Feb 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions