Re: How do you change your cash from sterling to euros?
by edmoraz • Mon 02 Nov 2015 11:11

We use transfer wise and have used it for about a year, constantly get a good rate, great service.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by enzo • Mon 09 Nov 2015 18:32

snap
money in our account on the same day transfer requested
fantastic service and rates :-D

enzo
Jun 2011
by Ricardo • Mon 09 Nov 2015 23:21

I have a Nationwide Flexplus account which allows free cash withdrawals (up to 500 euros a day)at the commercial interbank rate and then deposit in my french bank account. I have always obtained the best rates of exchange at no cost..

Ricardo
Jul 2009
by ihusker • Sat 03 Jun 2017 19:40

I realise that the last post here was about 2 years ago but I think my latest foray into changing cash may be of interest. I have, until recently been using Norwich and Peterborough Building Society as my main current account as they give commission free withdrawals from ATMs.
However, the parent company, Yorkshire Bank, has decreed that they are reverting to being solely a building society and all bank accounts are being closed.
Looking round for a replacement I found that Metro Bank is offering commission free withdrawals,
7 days a week counter service at their branches and internet banking services.
The downside is that they only have branches in the London area at present although they have an expansion program. You can only apply for an account in branch and they carry out quite comprehensive residential checks.
I have had my account now since March and all is well. I've not had any problems with the Mastercard as yet and the rate of exchange is equivalent to the Euro rate on the red button on Sky.
May be worth checking out if you live in or have access to an address in the Greater London Area.

ihusker
Feb 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions