auto-entrepreneur
by Maria2009 • Mon 12 Jul 2010 19:24

Does anybody know if it is compulsory to be pay a private health and life cover insurance when you register for the auto-entrepreneur scheme?

I have registered and am being hassled by a private insurance company who insist that this IS compulsory.

Personally, I think that this is just a 'hard' sales tactic on there behalf (and am very tempted to tell them where to go) but would like to make sure first.

Thanks

Maria2009
Apr 2009
Re: auto-entrepreneur
by Jeanne • Mon 12 Jul 2010 22:02

Are you sure that it is a private company? Are you aware that you need 30% health cover privately?

All of us have to pay for a 30% top up. Ours is with AXA but most of the companies do it. You do not have to have a health declaration it is just based on age.

If you have an insurance person you deal with here I would recommend you speak to him/her.

Ours is 126 Euros a month for both of us but we are in our 50s.

Hope this helps.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Maria2009 • Mon 12 Jul 2010 22:17

I am aware of the top up - but this seems to be a little more. There are insisting we have to take out life cover and health insurance with them.... just rings wrong with me to be honest.

Maria2009
Apr 2009
by blaudeix • Tue 13 Jul 2010 19:16

I think I know the company you're talking about, very pushy.

Ask them to show you the official document that says it is compulsory.

You could of course tell him that you don't earn that much a week/month. If you ain't got it you can't pay it!

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by Jeanne • Tue 13 Jul 2010 20:22

Iwould say it sounds like hard sell.

I know our Generali insurance agent constantly tries to get us to take up more but I am dumping them this year because I don't like them.

Our AXA and MAAF one's seem OK but again it is down to individuals rather than companies.

Good luck.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by blaudeix • Tue 13 Jul 2010 20:54

I know our Generali insurance agent constantly tries to get us to take up more but I am dumping them this year because I don't like them.
don't forget to give them 2 months notice that you're telling them to stick it - probably in writing in triplicate :roll:

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by cinqpoules • Wed 14 Jul 2010 12:24

Its a bit of a different situation but our top up helath insurance has been compulsory since 1 Jan 2010. If you are employed in agriculture in Creuse and have MSA as your caisse, then if you didnt have a complémentaire on 1 Jan it was taken out for you with Groupe Agrica - you have no say in the matter and it is deducted from wages. There are a few exceptions eg tiny wage, husband and wife employed by same employer.

cinqpoules
Nov 2008
by Jeanne • Wed 14 Jul 2010 13:35

don't forget to give them 2 months notice that you're telling them to stick it - probably in writing in triplicate :roll:
blaudeix
Thanks,I knew. Sent them a letter by signed for post and emailed them to say that I was doing it.

It can work out expensive if you don't remember because I believe you get charged a full year's premium. A bit cheeky, but heh, that's France. They do love paperwork and rules :lol: :lol:

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Maria2009 • Wed 14 Jul 2010 18:58

Thanks everyone. I made a mistake in my first post - they were insisting that we had to have 'private' life insurance and pension insurance - not health. However, we a visit from one of the companies yesterday and yes it was just a hard sale routine - so I politely showed them the door :)

Maria2009
Apr 2009
by critch • Mon 01 Jul 2013 13:24

I have a similar question, having recently registered as an auto-entrepreneur, I get letters from a company saying I have to adhere to a "regime de retraite cadres et non-cadres", even if I don't have any employees - in which case I won't be asked for any cotisation. Is this really so?

critch
Mar 2013
by RobertArthur • Mon 01 Jul 2013 17:57

If it is for a "retraite complémentaire", read this info from this website, no employees, no need to answer:

Quote:

Vous êtes auto entrepreneur et n'embaucherez aucun salarié > Une caisse de retraite complémentaire vous sera alors automatiquement affectée mais n'ayant aucun salarié vous ne payerez rien ! Inutile de répondre au courrier de la caisse. /Unquote

Robert

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions