CPAM
by astleisg0d • Tue 07 Jul 2009 18:27

We have heard that there is an English speaker at the CPAM office in Guéret, does anyone have any more information please?

We now have our E121 form and need to meet the next challenge Any advice will be welcome.

Paul and jacky.

astleisg0d
Jan 2008
Re: C.P.A.M
by Goose • Wed 08 Jul 2009 10:36

Hiya Paul & Jacky,

I first thought you meant the chap at the Income tax office - whose name is M Moret, but on reading your post again, I see that's not what you asked!

I don't know the name of the English speaker at the CPAM office but take ALL your personal paperwork plus proof that you have a permanent address here (electric bill or similar) and tell the lady on reception (the desk is opposite the door as you enter) that you want to apply for a carte vitale. She will hand you a piece of paper which you will hand to the clerk who sees you - it has your time of arrival on it and the clerk enters the time she deals with you and keeps it.

Reception will usher you through the double glass doors to the right and you go and take a seat slightly to the right of you and opposite three small offices with glass panels. Their doors are usually open.

In case your nerves play up at this point - there are loos in the block to the right of where you're sitting (or to the left as you walk through the double glass doors)!!

You just sit and wait for the next clerk to finish with her current client then go in and sit down at her desk.

If you tell her that you need to speak English, she will either do so herself or contact the colleague who can and you will probably be asked to go back and sit down until she is free.

Good luck. It isn't at all traumatic and we have found that they are always very pleasant and very helpful and I don't think that we have ever had to wait longer than ten minutes to be seen..

You will be given a temporary attestation to serve until your cards arrive by post. If you are likely to be going to the UK on a visit, you may as well ask for your European health cards at the same time.

Goose
Mar 2005
by thewrights • Wed 08 Jul 2009 11:34

Hi Paul and Jacky

Yes, our experience was exactly as Goose described above - we've had to visit CPAM several times because I have health problems, and every time we've been treated quickly and very courteously. No need to worry at all!

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by astleisg0d • Thu 09 Jul 2009 23:07

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think that it usually the thought of tackling these matters that is worse than actually doing it.
We will probably go to the office next week with a lot less trepidation now.
Thanks again for reassuring us.
Paul and Jacky.

astleisg0d
Jan 2008
by ihusker • Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:00

I notice that there are two addresses for the cpam office in Gueret in pages jaune. One is at Rue Marcel Brunet and the other is at 51, Ave Gambetta.
I wonder if anyone knows which is the correct one to present my receipts for hospital treatment.
Thanks in advance.

ihusker
Feb 2006
by thewrights • Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:09

It's the office in Rue Marcel Brunet where they deal with all the paperwork side of things . . . the other office is as far as I know a kind of clinic - we've been there for our "health MOT" - more clinical than administrative.
Hope that helps :o)

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by ihusker • Fri 12 Oct 2012 18:33

Thanks for your reply. It always helps to go to the right place to start.

ihusker
Feb 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions