Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Car insurance - Recommendations
by astleisg0d • Wed 18 Mar 2009 14:29
Getting closer to our permanent move and still finding things we have to get sorted. You think you have ages but months are now down to weeks. We will need to insure our car , so can anyone recomend a broker or firm. We are in Pionnat.Personal recomendations are best, because,as we have found, with car insurance companies, it's not until you need them that you find out which are the best. So any advice welcome. Many thanks, Paul and Jacky.
astleisg0d
Jan 2008
Re: Car insurance.
by amandaandclint • Wed 18 Mar 2009 20:37
Post subject: Re: Car insurance
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ref car insurance, I would recommend the following company:

Asttral S.A
The chaps name is: Nick Chubb (he speaks both english and French)
email: nchubb @ asttral.com

They are a broker and their prices for our Landrover where a lot less than any others.

For example:
Our neighbour owns a local Axa franchise and he quoted the best price he possible could for insurance. He even used his personal discount benefit he has for close family and his price was still almost 100 euros more than the price suppled from Asttral (and it was a like for like quote using Axa).

We eventually went with GAN as this was even cheaper for better cover.

Im sure Nick would be happy to give you some info is you want to email him.

Clint
Feb 2007
Re: Car insurance.
by TournesolKate • Thu 19 Mar 2009 09:39
We're insured though our bank, Credit Mutuel.

They insure our cars, our house and even did us travel insurance when we went to India!

Overall, good value and reliable.
TournesolKate
Oct 2008
Re: Car insurance
by Dave • Thu 19 Mar 2009 10:03
Please see this thread for some more recommendations. We are still with MMA and whilst I am certain that they are not the cheapest, having dealt with them for 10 years I am comfortable with them - and they have settled our various claims over the years without hassle (which is more than I can say about Groupama who's service was not at all good).
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Re: Car insurance - Recommendations
by thetransporter • Thu 19 Mar 2009 11:03
We have used Groupama for the past 11 years at the branch in La Souterraine. We have made three separate claims, (on three different policies) and all have been dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
We are extremely happy with both the price and service. I can't speak for other branches, but I would highly recommend 'Groupama La Souterraine' for any insurance needs. They have been brilliant with us.
The staff always take great care to ensure that all the details are explicitly explained to us, more so because we are not natural French speakers, in order that we understand exactly the consequences and conditions for each policy.

I can't recommend them highly enough!
thetransporter
Jan 2008
Re: Car insurance - Recommendations
by jasmine • Fri 20 Mar 2009 14:02
We were originally with Credit Agricole for car and house insurance. We changed after the 2nd year as we time to shop around and had much better quotes with Groupama. My car insurance dropped from 595 fully comp to 259 (after a bit of haggling) which is a massive drop. The policy seems to be exactly the same and we have absolutely no problems with them on the whole - Chatelus Malvaliex office. We tried to get many quotes for our barn which is rather large 1280 meters squared plus hay barn 680 meters squared and hardly anyone was prepared to quote on it certainly non of the banks - MMA was ridiculous so eventually we went with Groupama and they did us a very good deal so as each policy came for renewal we moved all our insurance with them. At the moment we pay around 1600 euros per year for house, barn (business use including public liability), car, pick-up again business use. So over all I think we have a pretty good deal we use MMA for assurance 10 yesr guarantee on work and public liability and that is 338 per three months so is very expensive. I think at the end of the day you pay your money and you take your chance. Not all insurance offices are the same and not all are helpful. I guess you just need to shop around to get a good deal with if possible references from other users. The only thing I don't like about Groupama is that all insurance begins on the first of Jan so you get huge bill at the beginning of the year so if you take out insurance in June it is only until December then you start again Jan - Dec. You can do it monthly or three monthly though so it not too bad.

Regards
Jasmine
jasmine
Dec 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions