Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Cancelling French Vehicle Insurance
by amandaandclint • Thu 25 Sep 2008 16:36
Hi All

We are just in the process of selling a vehicle and we contacted our insurance people to ask what they need to cancel the policy.

They asked for a copy of the 'cerificat de cession d'un vehicule' which is fine...

but they also asked for a signed and dated 'cross vendu'.

The problem is, I dont know what a cross vendu is...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?


Feb 2007
Re: canceling french vehicle insurance
by mousse • Thu 25 Sep 2008 22:33
If i remember correctly (without going out in the cold at 10.30 at night to get my carte grise from my van), the cross vendu is the top right or top left corner of your carte grise which is detachable and must be kept as proof of selling the vehicle. It also means that the new owners do not have an entire carte grise and are therefore obliged to go and get a new one from the prefecture stating that they are the new owners with their personal details on.
May 2008
Re: canceling french vehicle insurance
by amandaandclint • Fri 26 Sep 2008 09:45
Nice one

Thanks for your help Mousse.

I have also just been recommended to write 'vendu'across the carte gris and photocopy this for the insurance company.

Its all new to me so if I find anything else out i will post it incase it helps anyone else in the future.


Feb 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest