Plug for a local pepinniere
by Creusebear • Tue 09 Aug 2016 16:02

We are looking to buy some fruit trees this autumn and were recommended Glomot nurseries in St Fiel just outside Gueret. I discovered that they have an excellent website with lots of really useful and clear information about all their plants and trees. They have a huge growing area and raise all their local trees themselves. We visited and spoke to Bastien Glomot, third generation in the family business and responsible for the afore mentioned excellent website, he speaks good English and was really helpful with advice as to what varieties we should consider. I am looking forward to collecting our trees for planting in October!
jardinerie-glomot.fr

Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Plug for a local pepinniere
by sally watkins • Tue 09 Aug 2016 23:07

Thank you Creusebear for this useful information. We are intending to the same in October so you've just saved me a lot of work finding a nursery. We have a great one here in Dorset, also family run and trees in beautiful condition, so I wondered where I would find the same in Creuse.

Happy Planting,

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
by Freezerbill • Wed 10 Aug 2016 08:24

There is also a smaller but good nursery in Pontarion

Freezerbill
Mar 2014
by sally watkins • Wed 10 Aug 2016 17:44

Hi Freezer Bill,

I've bought a few plants from the nursery in Pontarion too, it's lovely and the plants are so well looked after and the staff very helpful.
Our garden is a blank canvas so it's been a pleasure to work on, so far!

Sally

sally watkins
Jul 2015
by virtdave • Wed 10 Aug 2016 22:56

We've been to the nursery in Les Essarts, not far northeast of Pontarion, just south of the village of Masgot, quite often. In the spring and early summer, they're at the Felletin Friday market--the nursery is extremely well stocked with high quality annuals (mostly flowers, but with a big stock of plants for your potager), and the prices about the best we've seen. And thanks, Creusebear, for your recommendation of Glomot--they have a tree I've been looking for, for some time: a robinia 'Casque Rouge'.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions