Hornbeam Hedging
by steveP • Mon 12 Oct 2015 10:47

Hello

Does anyone know where I can buy/order around 200-300 bare root stock Hornbeam in the Creuse/Limousin area?

I have found UK firms who are willing to post these but I would rather purchase the hedging here if I can

Thanks

Steve

steveP
Jan 2015
Re: Hornbeam Hedging
by rictel • Mon 12 Oct 2015 16:57

Don't know for sure but maybe Jardinerie Glomot at St Fiel? Alternatively you could have a search on Google France for " Haies Charme "

rictel
Dec 2007
by steveP • Tue 13 Oct 2015 09:44

Thanks Rictel. I've searched Google without much luck but will have a look at Jardinerie Glomot. Cheers.

steveP
Jan 2015
by virtdave • Tue 13 Oct 2015 15:19

I did find this nursery in Belgium, which sells small bare root charmes (Carpinus Betulus) for €0.90/plant. For a large order, you'd best try to contact them to find out availability and delivery charges, but they do seem to deliver to France.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by Jeanne • Wed 14 Oct 2015 11:17

Not sure if these people can help but they are very helpful and do speak English if you can't speak French. Worth a try.

http://www.atmosvert.fr/

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by sevy1 • Wed 14 Oct 2015 17:54

Jeanne
Is atmosvert open to the public or is it just an online business?
Sevy

sevy1
Sep 2013
by Jeanne • Thu 15 Oct 2015 12:06

They are open to the public. They are just as you come in to Châtelus Malvaleix on the Guéret-La Châtre road. Not sure of their opening hours as they differ with the seasons as they are only a small group of people who run it. Sure a quick call or email would sort that out.

Found their prices the same or less than Glomots and the quality has been very good. Obviously nothing like Jardiland as it is small but they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions