Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

trees again!
by Becca • Thu 17 Jul 2008 21:48
:) Hi I was wondering if anyone know how much it would cost to have a very large christmas tree cut down and if anyone knows of someone that could do it pls?!
Becca
Apr 2008
Re: trees again!
by Creusebear • Fri 18 Jul 2008 11:48
Hi Becca
There is a gardener listed in the Directory who might be worth a try. Even if the job is better suited to a professional tree surgeon, he may be able to recommend someone. Or you could ask at the Mairie.
Creusebear
May 2007
by Becca • Fri 18 Jul 2008 19:01
ok thanks I will look!
Becca
Apr 2008
by amandaandclint • Sun 20 Jul 2008 12:34
Hi Becca

Might be worth having a chat with your local farmer/neighbour.

Many french chaps would happily chop down your tree of they can keep the wood.

Might cost you a bottle of whisky too :-)
amandaandclint
Feb 2007
by Chergirl • Sun 20 Jul 2008 17:04
I second Amandaandclint's suggestion but with a few words of caution.

The man who installed our fosse septique took ours down for us which cost us 200euro (a little bit more than a bottle of whisky!) however it was worth the money as I knew he was insured and knew what he was doing (there were neighbouring properties and power/telephone lines to consider).

Also if its pine we've found that they tend not to take it away as they won't burn it on wood burners because of the sparks the wood gives off.

If you ask neighbours and at the Mairie someone's bound to know the best person to contact.
Chergirl
Oct 2007
by beetle • Sun 17 Aug 2008 10:05
We had tree problems too. Three of them were dead and threatening a road. A vision of cars smashing into fallen trees in the dark, spring to mind. Another tree was leaning against a concrete electricity pylon, and the ivy was holding them both in a passionate embrace.
Initially we tried the freindly farmer approach, but although agreeing to do the work, six months later nothing had been done.
We called in a tree surgeon/gardener and the job was done the very next day.
Now we can rest easy.
Tree's do need maintenance to stay health and safe; a skill most of us who buy properties abroad have yet to learn, me included.
On a sad note, during our last visit, two teenagers at a camp site were killed in the night when a tree fell on their tent.
beetle
Dec 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions