Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Castles (or parts thereof) near Creuse
by Creusebear • Wed 13 Apr 2016 19:47
Thanks Dave - I love going down to old watermill by the river at Malval on a sunny afternoon, I haven't seen the ruins but the ancient church is also worth a visit. Can I add a vote for the Chateau de Sarzay (36) - not strictly in Creuse but well worth a visit - especially with children who love exploring the towers. Privately owned and an interesting history.
Chateau de Sarzay.jpg
Creusebear
May 2007
Re: Castles (or parts thereof) near Creuse
by Dave • Thu 14 Apr 2016 11:45
I've split off this to a new topic to make it clearer where stuff is, plus I wanted to add a few more :)
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Dave • Thu 14 Apr 2016 11:59
The Château d'Ars (36) just north of La Châtre is open to the public in the summer season (and for other events during the year) as an art gallery and exposition space and visits can be free.
Château d'Ars.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by Dave • Thu 14 Apr 2016 12:05
Le Château de Val (15) a few km north of Bort les Orgues (19) is open the the public and is on the edge of a long lake. The town is a bit odd and is below a large dam. There are some excellent cliffs nearby where you can walk long the top to a selection of viewpoints. It's a nice day out (although I haven't been inside the castle myself so can't comment on that).
Le Château de Val.jpg
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions