Pont Noir

Live Life in Creuse

Cable size and a second distribution panel
by RobertArthur • Mon 20 Jan 2020 21:37
Recurring questions even in French forums about the connection of a second distribution panel, un tableau secondaire or divisionnaire. To keep it simple only a single-phase example to get the picture. The included table is for a voltage drop of 2%. For 1% divide the maximum distance in half. French lessons: ID = Interrupteur Différentiel = RCD and chute de tension = voltage drop.

Which brings me to another voltage drop example, a closer look at four different connections to the grid and the implications for cable length and size. From theory to practice: you have to run some calculations to figure out the exact voltage drop, every case is different. Do you remember: the type 1 and the type 2 connections to the grid.
RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Re: Cable size and a second distribution panel
by Dave • Fri 22 May 2020 13:20
I've just been reading through this again since I an thinking of adding a second panel myself. It's interesting that you have to include a disjoncteur in the main panel, which seems somewhat redundant, although I suppose it does allow you to work safely on the whole second panel without turning off the power to everything.
Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions