Big Thank You
by adz8192 • Mon 13 Apr 2015 16:31

Today I had my CONSUEL visit and am pleased (relieved!) to say that my installation passed first time.
I am not an electrician and would not have achieved this pass without the assistance from this forumand especially the knowledge and postings of Robert Arthur.
So, thank you very much.
Adam

adz8192
Aug 2009
Re: Big Thank You
by Dave • Tue 14 Apr 2015 13:06

Well done on passing first time (that's not easy). And well done to Robert for providing such helpful advice.

Dave
Administrator
Aug 2004
by wynne • Tue 14 Apr 2015 15:56

Hi Adam, can you please tell me how long it took for the consuel to come and visit from requesting the visit, as they are seemingly kicking their heels for my visit. It seems like that anyway. Wynne

wynne
Feb 2014
by adz8192 • Tue 14 Apr 2015 16:20

Should be about 1 weeks from you sending the letter off to getting an appointment from them.
The appointment will probably be about 2 weeks after that date - unless you have specified dates that you are not available.
Also, I am in the Indre now, so it may be slightly different in the Creuse (or Limousin) if that is where you are

adz8192
Aug 2009
by RobertArthur • Sun 19 Apr 2015 10:12

Wynne,

Department questions. Who is afraid of Red, Yellow and Blue (Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam), and who isn't a little bit afraid of a Consuel visit.

Department procedures. Not knowing what steps already have been taken, this is the information on Consuel's website. Looks like this, a form for les non-professionnels de l'électricité.

Deparment practicalities. What does it look like, this formulaire d'attestation de conformité, what kind of homework are you supposed to have done? See these helpful instructions by Mr. and Mrs. Consuel.

Department habits of inspectors. Their focus is on safety issues: wiring, earthing, fuses/MCB's, RCDs, resistance of your earth wiring from your remotest socket to the consumer unit (< 2 Ohms). Don't forget the schémas unifilaires (wiring diagrams).

To be continued, a few more links.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by RobertArthur • Sun 19 Apr 2015 10:26

An example of those diagrams on the website of Volta Electricité, where the French electrician "JPdu54" also has some words of reassurance when the bruit de corridor in your hameau/village/city is: the Consuel inspector cometh!!

@ Adam: congratulations! Even professionals don't always succeed the first time, see Consuel's Rapport d'activité 2013, pages 21/23.

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by wynne • Sun 19 Apr 2015 13:05

Hi Robert Arthur thanks for all the information it will be interesting when speaking with my electrician to find out what is happening. Thanks again very useful. Wynne

wynne
Feb 2014
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions