Red Cable at Meter
by dahean • Sun 20 Jan 2013 17:29

Hi I wonder if someone could clear up the red 2.5mm cable that loops from the back of our meter board. The guy who reads it said something about Heures Creuse. I'd like to know what to do with it please. I have a good background in electrics if that helps.
Cheers D

dahean
Jul 2008
Re: red cable at meter
by dahean • Sun 20 Jan 2013 20:22

Thanks Robert. What i get from the link is basically chop red cable and stick it on a relay A1A2.
Funny thing though I have never ever got a voltage on it. But am paying for HC too.

dahean
Jul 2008
Re: red cable at meter
by RobertArthur • Sun 20 Jan 2013 21:30

Chopping some wood for the fireplace is a good idea in wintertime, chopping electric cables needs some further investigations in the exact layout of your installation électrique. What type of meter (old fashioned or digital), is there a chauffe-eau électrique with a supply as or similar for electric rads, storage type (accumulateur)?

Robert

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
Re: Red Cable at Meter
by dahean • Mon 21 Jan 2013 18:15

hahaha thanks for that I only cut dead trees and cables as live ones have a habit of surprising you.........no wiring exists at the moment on the consumer side only the red cable. The EDF relay which is present switches on but the cable is still dead. I only asked as the EDF guy said it was for HC and it seemed to make sense to him. He could have been wrong though. I will take the back board off at the meter and have a poke around.....
with big rubber gloves
many thanks D
ps I am a UK sparkie but am happy to admit to not fully understanding the french system yet.

dahean
Jul 2008
by virtdave • Mon 21 Jan 2013 21:20

Though I don't have HC, I still have the (now no longer offered, I think) EJP, which allows me a reduced cost of abonnement in exchange for agreeing to a massive rate increase during ten 24-hours periods per year. Since these always occur during the winter (when I am in relatively warm northern California), it's a good deal for me. I installed a box which warns me with a tone and light when these 'jours rouges' are happening, and perhaps your red cable is there to receive a similar signal, or to receive or send some other sort of control impulse to/from the meter....

virtdave
Sep 2008
by RobertArthur • Tue 22 Jan 2013 10:26

And for those wondering what type of abonnement they've got, so many options, look at the backside (verso) of your EDF bill. Bottom of the page, under caracteristiques de votre tarif.

EDF offers a choise between option base, option heures pleines/heures creuses and the option tempo. The option EJP is not longer available, only for the happy few who still reap the benefits from yesterday's supply contracts.

Robert

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by dahean • Tue 22 Jan 2013 12:49

could be right virtdave.........its a pretty old setup

dahean
Jul 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions