RCCB's
by GARRY • Sun 10 May 2009 05:56

Hi,

as long as its a double pole type can i use European/British RCCB'S in my French house??

TVM

Garry

GARRY
Mar 2009
Re: RCCB's
by RobertArthur • Sun 10 May 2009 08:13

Garry,

Although the laws of physics and the behaviour of electrical currents are the same everywhere on mother Earth, most national authorities, also in the EU family, firmly believe that only their own national electricity codes are THE answer to possible safety problems.

That's why in France only interrupteurs différentiel, disjoncteurs etc. with the French NF logo are allowed. As long as CONSUEL doesn't knock on your door to control your brandnew or modified installation électrique, there are no problems from a pure electrical point of view.

However: sometimes the physical lay-out of the national variations on the same theme can be different. Phase and neutral connections left/ right or right/left, feeding the modules from the top or not, etc. Which can be confusing, also for "third parties" trying to do some maintenance.

So you better use the French NF approved modules, produced by e.g. Hager, Merlin-Gerin, Legrand.

An investment that pays itself back in the future. There is as from the first of january this year a diagnostic électrique obligatoire when someone decides to sell his or her house. If it is not NF-conform, it will not go unnoticed. A possible buyer certainly will do some gentle armtwisting, and that's going to cost more money, than the few extra Euro's for a French DD or ID.

Kind regards,

Robert

RobertArthur
Mar 2009
by blaudeix • Sun 10 May 2009 09:08

That's why in France only interrupteurs différentiel, disjoncteurs etc. with the French NF logo are allowed. As long as CONSUEL doesn't knock on your door to control your brandnew or modified installation électrique, there are no problems from a pure electrical point of view.
really? thats never been a problem for me, as long as they're marked whether they are type A or AC there is no problem. The biggest problem I see on existing houses is the Earth stake. I've yet to come across one that has a resistance within the norms...

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
by lestroisours • Sun 10 May 2009 12:35

Not that you are going to sell, but should you do so, the house has to be sold with an inspection certificate in that it complies <<aux normes>>. That could be a test case if you choose to install "english", but would you wish that in those circumstances?

Certainly our (french) vendors had to obtain the certificate, especially as they had never lived there on a permanent basis and the house was originaly a maison secondaire. The certificate included a rating for the eco- efficiency of the heating.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by blaudeix • Mon 11 May 2009 21:12

I wasn't advocating that you use some dodgy gear from some dubious source, rather that the important bit is that you have the right number of Interupter differentials and of the right type. If they are ID's and CE marked there won't be a problem.
>les3b's an electric report is compulsory now when selling any house along with energy rating and lead presence.. all stretches to 15 or more pages, excellent reading....yawn....

Minimum size for a septic tank (fosse septique) is 3000 litres. All installations must conform to DTU64.1 The S.P.A.N.C. technician will verify this. A principle piece is a room without water larger than 7 metres square.
blaudeix
Nov 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions