Cold Winter Spell
by lestroisours • Wed 08 Feb 2012 11:54

Again this morning, the outlook was significantly wintry here, starting at -18C, and snowing slightly. Admittedly we are at nearly 700m altitude. It has warmed up slightly since 8am, showing -10C and feeble attempts of the sun peeking through the somewhat leaden skies. It's at times like this you shout out "enough already, bring on the spring!"

lestroisours
Oct 2007
Re: Cold Winter Spell
by Jeanne • Wed 08 Feb 2012 12:29

I agree lestroisjours. I don't mind cold spells, after all its winter, but this prolonged time of extremely cold weather is making me stir crazy. Its ruining our social life too, all events have been cancelled over the past two weeks and then there is the problems that come with earning a living - its difficult to get to work and depending on the work you do, often impossible to do it. I keep hoping to see an end to it but see the 10 day forecast predicts more snow next week. Depressing.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by rictel • Wed 08 Feb 2012 21:44

Totally agree Jeanne, it's gone on for too long now & as you say, at least another week !!

Dont know why but I keep thinking of a guy I knew in the UK who's favourite line was; " If you cant take a joke, you shouldn't have joined" 8O

rictel
Dec 2007
by David_J • Sat 21 Dec 2013 11:56

Had our first overnight frost for a week or so last night - it went down to just below zero C. Sorry to hear how bad it has been SW of us but over here, we have had a relatively balmy spell.

David_J
Aug 2006
by SIMON • Sat 21 Dec 2013 14:59

just spoke to some friends still in the Uk, Cumbrian coast as a matter of fact. all they have had for the last three weeks is high wind, heavy rain and grey dull days, not really freezing just cold and damp and miserable.

SIMON
Jan 2013
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions