Is it snowing in the Creuse?
by Annik • Sat 27 Nov 2010 23:04

I see from the weather forecast on Pontnoir that there is due to be snow in the Creuse at the moment. Here in Cheshire it is very cold (not above freezing all day) and various parts of the country have had quite heavy falls of snow. When we went over to Lincolnshire on Thursday, there was snow on the fields in Leicestershire.

How's everyone doing in the Creuse?

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Re: Is it snowing in the Creuse?
by lestroisours • Sun 28 Nov 2010 06:15

10 cms at the moment and snowers expected today, but we are over 700 metres here. Snow plow didn't shift a lot away. The XC weather site shows not a lot of coverage but more to the in the South west. Tuesday may have more. It's 0630 local time and no snow fell overnight when falls were predicted.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Jeanne • Sun 28 Nov 2010 09:33

Had snow Friday and Saturday and some due today but nothing critical. Snowed in the morning and pretty much thawed by the afternoon which meant it did not affect us going out in the evening which was great.

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by Sevy • Sat 18 Dec 2010 16:16

Hi To all you people living in the Creuse.

What is the latest weather over there? In the UK it is snowing and the country is grinding to a halt. I know that snow in France does not usually cause such a problem. Is that the case?
Sevy

Sevy
Mar 2007
by lestroisours • Sat 18 Dec 2010 17:01

We have about 10-15 cms in the Vassiviere. Looks like a thaw Monday

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Frankie • Sat 18 Dec 2010 23:25

We have had between 30 and 40 cm of snow here in Wigan Uk, no snow plough no grit, had a guy in a four wheel drive on our estate today towing two mad men on skis looked fun, altough i did give a load tut tut, 8O

Frankie
Jul 2010
by edmoraz • Sun 19 Dec 2010 08:10

The snow was bad enough yesterday in UK but now its frozen making driving very dangerous.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by maryr • Sun 19 Dec 2010 12:32

In La Celle Dunoise - blue sky with a few 'fluffy clouds', sun shining and snow all gone.

maryr

maryr
Nov 2007
by lestroisours • Sun 19 Dec 2010 16:49

Still persisting here, but three fine days promised, then more snow for a couple of days.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Annik • Mon 20 Dec 2010 11:22

Just thought I'd add that here in Mid-Cheshire we have just experienced our own personal coldest weather, with it being -12.8 degrees Centigrade at 8.45 am today. We have 2 or 3 inches of snow lying on the ground. Our son and his wife in a tiny often cut-off village in Northamptonshire had a foot of snow just on Saturday afternoon and were very pleased that they had bought themselves an F-reg Land Rover the previous weekend.

I hope that Pont-Noirers going to their homes in the Creuse for Christmas and the New Year will (a) manage to get there and (b) not freeze to death once they have got to their cold, cold houses...

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by edmoraz • Mon 20 Dec 2010 20:46

Its just taken us one and a half hours to do a thirty minute journey and it dropped to minus 16 as the freezing fog descended. So glad I am off work tomorrow.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by TournesolKate • Mon 20 Dec 2010 20:54

Ahun is now snow free, lots of rain though!

TournesolKate
Oct 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions