On est Frileux
by virtdave • Wed 13 Oct 2010 17:06

The past few days have sure been nice, and friends back in California are complaining about the 114ºF. temperatures last week near where we live there. Although that's exceptional, it does make us less whiny about schlepping in the firewood. And we also saw a vast honking V of birds heading south, too high to be really sure whether they were cranes, but they were wonderful.....
Next week the méteo predicts sub-freezing temperatures here, and rain (sleet?), so although 114 is a bit hot, if the French strike season permits, we'll head back to California in ten days.....back, we expect, for the giboulées de mai next year. Stay cozy, everyone.

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: on est frileux
by Creusebear • Wed 13 Oct 2010 19:47

Next week the méteo predicts subfreezing temperatures here, and rain (sleet?)
Said virtdave
Oh, don't say that! We're coming over soon and I was hoping for some late autumn sunshine. I had better pack the thermals!

Creusebear
May 2007
by Annik • Thu 14 Oct 2010 01:42

Oh dear, Creusebear - a quick look at the weather forecast on the home page predicts freezing temperatures. Sounds like you'll need those thermals!

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by Jeanne • Thu 14 Oct 2010 08:49

I laughed at Dave's post UNTIL I saw the forecast this morning. From warm days to freezing in such a short time! Wish I could go somewhere warmer now.

Noticed the chill in the air this morning. First time I felt cold taking the dogs out and the cats only went out for 10 mins. :(

Jeanne
Jun 2010
by thewrights • Thu 14 Oct 2010 09:36

There's definitely been a change . . . first lighting of the kitchen stove this morning! (Though OH is still in shorts :o) . . )

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by lavaufranche • Thu 14 Oct 2010 17:13

We are over next week for some peace and indoor camping, better take an extra sleeping bag- Still hopefully my orange juice will not freeze as it did the first year I was over and staying at Chambon-sur-Voueize camp site (last week in Oct).
We are looking forward to seeing les grues flying over.

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions