Cool en Creuse
by dissid32 • Sun 30 May 2010 09:56

For some weeks now I've been looking at the meteo on TF1 via the internet, since I don't have TV, and I've noticed that very frequently the Creuse is in a cold spot, with higher temperatures to the N, S, E and W of us. It seems rather strange since we aren't particularly high up here.
Actually, it's not easy to judge exactly whereabouts on the map this cool spot is centred, and it probably moves around a bit, but it seems to be more in the Correze than the Creuse. However, as I'm in the south of the Creuse, I'm sure it covers where I am.
I wonder if anyone can explain this phenomenom?
Maybe it's just my luck that I've chosen to live in a cold spot, or maybe it's even a good thing not live where it gets too hot.

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
Re: Cool en Creuse
by lestroisours • Sun 30 May 2010 11:27

LIke you we live in the south of the Creuse on the edge of the plateau de "millevaches" (Thousand Sources in case you were thinking of the poor girl on TV on Place in the Sun.)

In comparison to last year this summer has got off to a "wierd" start. Northerlies which cool us off and bring rains - and snow. and southerlies and westerlies bringing us rain and wind.

I look at LaChainemeteo normally, but for more in-depth explanations I look at this site.

It it only a 5 day forecast, but quite frankly 12 days is only a guide, and changes during the day as the prognoses are updated.

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by dissid32 • Sun 30 May 2010 14:11

Yes, interesting site. Lots of data. Not as jolly as the forecasters on TF1, though.

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
by lavaufranche • Sat 19 Jun 2010 14:26

Hot in Bath
If you see a Volvo estate being driven around in the Boussac area Saturday week, with half the passenger's side melted please give us a wave. Friday morning @ 1.30 am the next door neighbour's Ferrari had petrol poured into it and set alight. I just managed to get our car off the drive preventing it being destroyed.

Looking for a more peaceful time in the Creuse, fresh air (to clear my lungs out) and some good weather. 8O

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
by Annik • Sat 19 Jun 2010 17:43

Wow - you don't think of Bath as being somewhere where a car would get torched. It's a good thing you managed to save yours, but how infuriating and worrying. I hope your neighbour isn't mixed up in the mafia or something!

Have a lovely time in the peaceful Creuse!

Annik

PS: Any fire started here would soon be extingished by the rain...

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
by virtdave • Sat 19 Jun 2010 18:12

I've been obsessively following the weather predictions,and although no snow is predicted for tomorrow, it looks like it's gonna get plenty chilly. If and when we do get some sun, just think how nice it'll be.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by dissid32 • Sun 20 Jun 2010 20:00

The coldest place in France, according to the forecast I saw. Perhaps that's why the Creuse is the least populated.

Patrick
dissid32
Feb 2006
by lavaufranche • Wed 23 Jun 2010 12:36

I will look at the meteo later this week in the hope that the temperatures are on the up. I think the Creuse temperatures vary alot depending on which micro climate you are in. Toulx Ste Croix always seems cold to me, but great for watching the sunsets.

My wife is from Bulawayo and she does n't want to live in a dry hot area again. So Creuse ticks that box.

Thanks Annik, the neighbour returns today so I will ask him if he has upset someone. The good news is the wheels are salvagable on his car.

Really looking forward to boring 2 weeks in the Creuse

lavaufranche
Nov 2006
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions