More Snow forecast - hope it's wrong
by Goose • Tue 02 Mar 2010 12:41

I have just looked at two weather sites as we have a couple of social get-togethers next week and they are both forecasting snow.

One indicates it'll snow from Saturday and the other from Sunday but both indicate snow for next week.

www.wunderground.com

www.meteox.co.uk

Perhaps they're just playing safe?

Thought I'd better mention it.

Goose

Goose
Mar 2005
Re: More Snow forecast - hope it's wrong.
by thewrights • Tue 02 Mar 2010 15:36

Oh dear! And there was me, 5 minutes ago, wandering round the garden taking photos of early spring flowers - snowdrops, primulas, violas, and thinking winter was all over :(
Let's just hope it's somebody being over-cautious!
But thanks for the info. anyway, Goose!
Best wishes, Michelle

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by virtdave • Tue 02 Mar 2010 18:48

I've been in St-Georges-N when it snowed on May 8, so perhaps there'll be a bit more. Local folks recommend planting after the Saints de Glace, i.e. may 11-13, to assure survival of the plants.

virtdave
Sep 2008
by rictel • Tue 02 Mar 2010 20:41

I hope it's wrong as well . This forecast is more encouraging ( but not necessarily right :roll: )

weatherbug.co.uk

rictel
Dec 2007
by Sallyd • Wed 03 Mar 2010 10:32

Before coming over to the Creuse, I always scan the forecasts on the internet(as we have no TV or internet)and print off the one I like the best!

Make it happen!
Sallyd
Aug 2006
by lestroisours • Wed 03 Mar 2010 17:21

If anything to go by try this weather site and add your own code postal and commune, and save it in the favourites. It has been reasonably accurate for me. More over there is no snow forecast in the next 12 days. A crystal ball could be more accurate though. (rol)

lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Goose • Thu 04 Mar 2010 09:13

I do prefer the forecast shown on the site you suggest (which was already on my favourites but I'd not looked there as well) as it doesn't indicate any snow at all. The other two sites are still showing snow here for Sunday and "possible" snow on a couple of days in the week, though not so strong as it was indicating a couple of days ago. Perhaps they were just playing safe, as I said in my initial post. Hope so.

The sun has come out right now and it's lovely so I shall go and put a wash-load on so it can blow about in the ozone a bit later on..

Goose
Mar 2005
by Goose • Sun 07 Mar 2010 15:50

Well, it has been snowing all day here! Started off as dust-like bits dancing about without any direction but now has changed to determined flakes blowing horizontally down the road.

Goose
Mar 2005
Re: More Snow forecast - hope it's wrong
by lestroisours • Mon 08 Mar 2010 08:02

Well it didn't lay here although it blew around a bit. At 740 metres above sea level we expected a little. This morning its a hard frost and -5C.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~ Charles Darwin
lestroisours
Oct 2007
by Goose • Mon 08 Mar 2010 11:35

Thank goodness there's none today. Yesterday's snow laid at the sides of the road on grass verges and on our frozen goose pond and also on the car windscreen when I left it out but that was all.

This morning it was -6.3C at 7.30am but has risen to
-1.4C now at 11.30am. Lovely and sunny but a freezing cold wind which I misjudged as I walked a rubbish bag up to the poubelle at the end of the road. Brrrrrrrr !!

Goose
Mar 2005
by ayerzee • Mon 08 Mar 2010 12:58

Lovely blue sky in Derbyshire today but registered -9C last night, are we ever going to get to Spring?

ayerzee
Sep 2007
by Goose • Mon 08 Mar 2010 14:17

One newspaper was saying it'll be a wettish Spring then a very hot summer.

I don't mind this very cold weather too much when it's very sunny at the same time - at least up until 25th March. Then it MUST change to warm weather because it usually does by then! I dislike constant rain day after day so this is fine with me as long as I don't let the sunshine deceive me.

Goose
Mar 2005
by Goose • Wed 10 Mar 2010 12:15

Minus 6.7C this morning and woke up to snow everywhere. Not deep by any means but still there! Been snowing that dancing, dusty type of snow ever since. Luckily it is so light it doesn't seem to be laying any more at the moment.

Goose
Mar 2005
by thewrights • Wed 10 Mar 2010 12:22

Same here, Goose, but it is managing to lay . . . The farmer's just come to take his cattle back indoors, so maybe it's set to stay cold for a while longer.
On Monday, I almost wrote that I didn't mind the cold either, so long as it wasn't raining - but I've changed my mind. I really have had enough of the wintry weather now!!

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by Maria2009 • Wed 10 Mar 2010 12:41

Snowing here again - and unfortunately managing to settle. This is our first winter in the Creuse, but I am sure last year we were viewing houses around March time and the weather was lovely... or have I just gone mad?

Maria2009
Apr 2009
by thewrights • Wed 10 Mar 2010 13:54

No, you're not mad. This time last year, according to my diary, apart from one day, (4th March, when it hailed, sleeted, rained and snowed!) the weather was beautiful: we had dug over the vegetable plot, were chitting potatoes, had seeds potted up, had already done our springtime tidy-up and were transplanting and splitting plants!!

Our neighbours keep assuring us that with such a bad winter we're bound to have a "proper spring and summer" - I guess the question is WHEN!!

thewrights
Oct 2007
by rossnailmum • Wed 10 Mar 2010 14:37

We are comming over for a short visit at the end of the month, I hope its warmer by then! I remember 2 years ago at the end of March it was very cold and snowy. We visited in February this year and the weather was quite nice, we must have been lucky! Lets hope its a good summer.

rossnailmum
Mar 2010
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions