California weather
by virtdave • Sun 10 Jan 2010 03:25

Weather here does not include snow. On the other hand, the frequency of earthquakes in Creuse is pretty low. Big one--6.5 on the Richter scale--hit about 100 miles north of us, a bit over one hour ago. Some here felt it (I did not). But the San Andreas fault passes about 500 m. from our house here.....wheeee

virtdave
Sep 2008
Re: California weather
by edmoraz • Sun 10 Jan 2010 11:00

I thought one had hit here Dave until I realised it was the OH jumping up and down in the garden having found a burst water pipe. Luckily for us our son is a plumber and the OH is on his way to pick him up as we speak. :)

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Re: California weather
by Annik • Sun 10 Jan 2010 12:01

Our son and his wife lived in Temecula, California for a couple of years where he was in charge of one of the most complex robotic manufacturing machines yet invented, which operated to incredibly tiny tolerances. He could never understand why it had been installed in an earthquake zone...

Once when we were staying with them and on holiday with a hire car we went specially to drive across the San Andreas Fault, naively imagining a visible crack that snaked across the landscape. We were very disappointed when we couldn't see anything at all other than a road sign.

I bet it's a lot warmer in California at the moment than in England or the Creuse - though I must admit that today in our bit of Cheshire we are now at +2C - positively tropical.

Annik

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. (Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.)" Groucho Marx
Annik
Jun 2007
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions