Last weeks storm
by edmoraz • Tue 28 Jul 2009 09:57

I have been reading on another forum about a massive storm last week and the damage the hail/falling ice has caused, one chap lived in Gueret and his car was damaged. I am a bit worried about my property. Can anyone enlighten me.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Re: Last weeks storm
by AliE • Tue 28 Jul 2009 17:45

I know there was damage at Bussière-Dunoise, north-west of Guéret last week - big, tennis ball sized hailstones, but I'm not sure about your area, sorry. I know it's not much comfort, but the lightening was amazing and we enjoyed the spectacle!

AliE
Nov 2008
by edmoraz • Tue 28 Jul 2009 21:47

Thanks for the reply Alie I would imagine all is well (fingers crossed). I too love a good lightening storm and I am sorry I missed it, instead I sit here in England in the constant rain.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
by AliE • Tue 28 Jul 2009 22:52

You'll not want to hear how warm and sunny it is here then...:o))

AliE
Nov 2008
by thewrights • Wed 29 Jul 2009 13:00

The storm passed through our village - and the power of it was truly awesome! From what I can gather from my neighbours, it was a narrow band which travelled across the Creuse, I think from the south/south-west and moving northwards. St Georges la Pouge, only 2km away had no damage at all, but in the other direction there was lots of branch / leaf debris in the roads for 4-5 km.

Luckily our vehicles were not damaged; I was trapped in the polytunnel when it hit (15 mins earlier we'd been sitting in the garden in very 'heavy' heat, sipping aperitifs!!) The golf-ball sized hailstones zipped right through the plastic of our newly erected polytunnel in several places :( some of them were discus shaped, so just cut clean through!) Our neighbours' potager was trashed - huge holes in all the veg. - we're still clearing up!

Not heard of anyone with damage to buildings, though.

Hope all's well 'chez vous'

best wishes, Michelle

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Thomas Jefferson
thewrights
Oct 2007
by edmoraz • Wed 29 Jul 2009 17:35

Sorry to hear about your damage Michelle I hope you are on top of the damage now.

Thanks for rubbing the good weather in Alie , you can go off people you know lol :) Guess what its raining again.

edmoraz
Feb 2008
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Your Permissions